If you are someone who suffers from insomnia or lack of sleep, switching up your bedding should be one of the first things to try. Often, a pillow that does not properly support your body can be the cause of restless sleep, neck and back pain, etc.
The solution to these problems, and more, is to sleep on pillows made out of memory foam. They are immensely popular nowadays and for good reason.
But that is also why it is difficult to choose one out of the many available options. Weekender pillow review will be all about Weekender Pillow so that you can decide if it will be the right memory foam pillow for you.
Weekender Pillow Review
- Soft, yet supportive CertiPUR US certified memory foam...
- Infused with temperature regulating gel for more...
- Ventilated design maximizes air circulation. Cooling...
- Removable cover is machine washable; Standard size, mid...
- Firmer than traditional down or down alternative; 3...
This gel memory foam pillow from Weekender comes in three sizes: standard, queen, and king. Memory foam pillows are known for being soft and shaping themselves to the user’s body.
However, this one is a bit on the firmer side, making it accessible for users who do not like the uber softness of regular memory foam pillows. This will still mold to your body and provide great support, without deflating almost completely under pressure.
Coming to the gel technology, this is another feature that helps this pillow stand out. The cooling gel regulates the pillow’s temperature and keeps it cool while you sleep. This is great if you live in a warmer climate area or for use during the summer season.
To add to that, the pillow also has a pin core design that maximizes ventilation and allows for good airflow. This not only keeps it cooler, but it also stops the pillow from absorbing odor and moisture.
The pillow comes with a stylish removable cover that is breathable and machine washable. Because it is removable, it gives you the option to either use it as it is or use a different cover that goes with the rest of your decor.
And this pillow offers great support for the neck and shoulders, while also molding itself to the head. You can use the larger sizes of this pillow as body pillows, too. When you buy it, you will need to let it sit out for about 24 hours after rolling it out and before using it. This helps the pillow expand and fluff up to its full potential.
Soft and Firm
The general assumption is that memory foam pillows are always extremely soft and moldable. However, this one has some firmness to it.
For those who want a flexible pillow but do not like it to be very soft, this will be just right. This middle ground between softness and firmness maximizes the amount of support that this pillow has to offer.
As mentioned already, this memory foam pillow has a gel cooling technology. This is what helps it stay cool and makes it a great option for those who live in warmer climates or as a special pillow for the summer.
To add to that, the pillow itself has a ventilated design, thanks to the pin core technology, which helps it optimize airflow within itself.
Both the temperature regulating gel and the pin core design help this pillow stay cool during use, hence maximizing comfort.
The cover that the pillow comes with is removable. It has a soft surface and a contemporary look that will go well just by itself with minimal decor.
But if it does not suit your bedroom’s look, then you have the option to take off the original cover and use something you prefer, without changing the qualities of the pillow itself.
Weekender Pillow Review Pros and Cons
- The cooling gel technology makes for a comfortable sleeping experience
- Memory foam molds itself to the shape of your body to provide maximum support
- Comes in a good range of sizes for different uses and bed sizes
- Ensures comfort even when you sleep in unusual positions
- The larger sizes of this pillow can be used as side pillows as well
- The ventilated design makes for great air circulation
- Features the perfect amount of firmness and softness so that it is suitable for most sleepers
- The removable cover can be machine washed several times and still maintain its original quality
- The pillow cannot be used right away and has to be unrolled and left alone for a day before first use
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding Weekender Pillow:
- Are memory gel foam pillows comfortable to sleep on?
While memory foam pillows by themselves offer great support and comfort for the body, a gel memory foam pillow also keeps the pillow cool. This maximizes user comfort, especially in warmer climates.
- Can you make memory foam pillows even softer than they are?
Yes, you can usually tumble dry a memory foam pillow (without its cover) on the low heat setting to make it fluffier. You should also make sure not to store your gel memory foam pillow in a cold environment, as that may make the pillow seem too firm.
- Should I use a removable cover over the pillow cover that the gel memory foam pillow comes with?
While some manufacturers say to use the pillow as is, putting a separate breathable cover over the memory foam pillow’s existing cover will keep it clean of dead skin cells and will require less frequent washing of the pillow.
- What’s the difference between a ventilated memory foam pillow and a gel memory foam pillow?
Both types of pillows have a ventilated design and will definitely stay cool when in use. However, the cooling gel technology of the gel memory foam pillows goes the extra mile to not get uncomfortably warm for the user during summer or in generally hot climates.
Hopefully, this Weekender Pillow Review has given you a deeper insight into the product and about gel memory foam pillows, in general.
If you are a restless sleeper or someone who suffers from body aches due to bad sleeping positions, then this pillow can really help improve your daily life.