Sleeping on the right pillows is one of the most comforting feelings that a sleeper can get. Pillows play a critical role in supporting the structure of the head, neck, and spine.
A pillow has to support your upper body while you sleep, and it should be the right kind of pillow. To rest properly at night without tossing and turning, finding a pillow that offers the best features is essential.
Finding a supportive pillow can be a bit of a task, and what might be right for one sleeper can be wrong for someone else. This malouf gel dough pillow review will share our views about one of the best quality pillows, the shredded gel-infused pillow, introduced by Malouf.
What is a Malouf Gel Dough Pillow?
Malouf, The Company
Malouf is a new company in the bedding field; it was launched by a couple who wanted to produce quality bedding for ordinary people. For this purpose they exported materials from around the world to bring spectacular products to the market.
Recently they have launched a new range of pillows, known as ‘zoned dough.’ These have been created with memory foam, and these pillows have small holes that help produce a softness and high-level comfort for the customer.
Malouf Gel Dough Pillow Review
A Malouf gel dough pillow is a premium dough memory foam infused with a high technology gel material that produces heat to maintain the pillow’s temperature.
This pillow is filled with shredded gel dough, memory foam clusters contained inside a covering to give it a better shape retention quality. Let’s take an overview of the features this pillow offers.
- The foam used in this pillow provides more generous support for latex.
- The memory foam used inside it gives a fantastic feeling because of the proper contouring and cushioning.
- This pillow weighs 1.88 pounds.
- The gel dough memory foam encases the pillow to maintain that feeling of comfort while maintaining its ability to mold accordingly for ultimate coziness.
- A bamboo cover accompanies this incredibly soft pillow, which is removable and hypoallergenic.
- The temperature is regulated uniformly in the pillow.
- The cover is made from 100% Tencel that provides excellent moisture absorption and temperature regulation.
- The clusters of shredded gel dough create a calm, softer foam that is breathable and comfortable.
- This pillow is available in king and queen sizes.
- It has a unique feeling.
- The pillow’s core is created using zoned technology, it has bigger holes in the center and smaller holes around the surrounding area to give excellent support to the neck and head.
- These pillows have a different scent to encourage a good night’s sleep.
- This pillow does not absorb heat, and it stays cooler.
- The pillow’s cover is made from 75% polyester, and 25% is made from a rayon from bamboo.
- The filling inside is made from 100% polyurethane gel foam.
- This pillow comes with an extended warranty, which is quite appealing if you would like to change it.
- Proprietary gel dough formula creates a supportive feel
- Clusters of shredded gel dough memory foam are moldable...
- Memory foam is encased in a gel dough sleeve to...
- The bamboo covering makes your nights much more comfortable because it doesn’t irritate the skin.
- The cover is easier to clean as it can be removed and washed.
- This pillow will not result in allergic reactions like sneezes and a runny nose since it is hypoallergenic.
- The pillow is resistant to dust and mite.
- Due to the gel’s presence on top of the pillow, the body’s heat is absorbed and regulated along with the pillow.
- The gel dough pillow will make the hot days much better for you since it stays cooler.
- This pillow is beneficial for back and side sleepers; it supports well when the user sleeps in these positions.
- The users will not experience neck pains after using this pillow.
- For years, customers who have used this pillow have appreciated it for not changing its shape even after years of use. It doesn’t flatten out like other pillows.
- Some users find this pillow too soft; if you need a thicker cushion, you should go for another option.
- Customers mentioned that the pillow has a chemical smell when they open the packaging, but the smell goes away after some days.
How do you compare these types of pillows?
|Casper||Medium soft||Standard king||Polyester microfiber|
|Net bedding||Firm to medium-firm||Standard queen and king||Shredded memory foam|
|Brooklyn bedding||Medium-firm||Queen and king||Talalay latex|
|Malouf||Medium-soft to medium||King and queen||Shredded gel memory foam|
What Type of Sleeper is Best Suited for Malouf Pillows?
When it comes to sleeping positions, there usually are four types of positions a sleeper sleeps in.
- Stomach sleeper
- Back sleeper
- Side sleeper
- Multi position sleeper
To buy any pillow, you should first consider your sleeping position. Due to its design, the Malouf pillows are best suited for side sleepers or pregnant women. These gel dough pillows are made for side sleepers only.
The way this pillow is cut out, it will fit the shoulders perfectly. The user will get the right height for the head, spine, and neck, and the shoulder will remain in a lower position. This pillow has a size of 6″, which means that it has a medium loft.
This pillow will be extremely comfortable for side sleepers since the shoulder is not elevated. The memory foam has a slower response time, which offers pressure relief for the head and neck. This fantastic pillow has a sinking comfort because of its outstanding features.
Are Malouf Gel Dough Pillows Good?
Malouf’s pillows are suitable for back and side sleepers. They provide soft cushioning for the head and neck. When you put your head on it, you don’t sink into it as you do on a memory foam pillow. The material inside the pillow doesn’t feel like memory foam at all.
Malouf Gel Dough Pillow Review Care Instructions Part:
When using for the first time, pillows containing dough memory foam require some period to adapt to the user’s body temperature. External heat sources can damage the pillow and therefore suggested to avoid.
If you notice a strong odor, then it is better to wash the pillow first before using it. Wash the cover in a washing machine with warm water. After washing, dry the pillow at room temperature and do not expose it to sunlight.
Where are Malouf pillows made?
Although Malouf is a Utah based company but recently, as tariffs are being implemented over the bedding industry, Maloug announced to expand its manufacturing operations. Malouf has shifted its 100% production of products out of China.
Why are gel-infused pillows good?
The regular pillows feel soft and cozy, but they don’t provide the much-needed neck and back support, and they get warm easily too.
Whereas gel pillows tend to maintain their shape, offer the neck and head support, and they remain cool due to the gel’s cooling property to absorb the heat and regulate it all around.
What is the best pillow on the market?
Following are the best pillows in the market depending on the different needs of sleepers;
- The Best pillow overall: Brooklinen Down Alternative Pillow
- The best price: Casper pillows
- The best pillows for side Sleepers: Malouf gel dough memory foam
- Best Memory foam Pillow in the market: TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling Pillow
- Best pillow for neck Pain: SleepEasy EasySleeper Pillow
- Top pillow for cooling: Coop Home Goods Eden
What pillows do 5-star hotels use?
There are mainly three main types of pillows used by five-star hotels:
- Goose feather-filled pillows
- Down-alternative pillows
- Feather blend pillows
Do you know what is the most comfortable pillow in the world?
Below are the most comfortable pillows in the world:
- Malouf gel dough pillow
- Coop home goods adjustable pillow
- Ball and branch down pillow
Your pillow is an integral part of your sleeping routine; the more comfortable it is, the more comfortable you will be while sleeping. Malouf gel-infused memory foam pillows have superior quality and are more breathable as compared to other pillows. They support you the right way and stay cool. If you are don’t understand which pillow best for you please read our malouf gel dough pillow review again.