For the sake of your toddler’s well-being and healthy development, you must ensure that your child is having quality sleeping time. If the bedtime story and lullaby don’t work anymore to put your toddler in sleep, then probably the best toddler pillow can help.
There will come a time when you have to pay attention to things your little champ is sleeping with. A good pillow can make your child’s snoozing time deeper and pleasant.
Toddler pillows are specifically designed for helping toddlers to get sound sleep providing proper support to their sensitive necks, heads and spines.
As you have come to this far, let us guide you to choose the toddler pillow for your little one.
Top Ten Best Toddler Pillow For You
Here You Have the Top 13 Best Toddler Pillows.
1. Dream Town Kids Toddler Pillow With Pillowcase
- Chiropractor recommended as "perfect first pillow!"...
- Comes with perfectly fitting white pillowcase. Makes...
- Our pillows are 100% Hypo allergenic. The Poly/Cotton...
- Small family owned and operated business gives you the...
This USA made pillow got chiropractors recommendation to be one of the best toddler pillow for medical support. No matter wherever you take your kid with, it will feel very comfortable with this pillow. The perfect size of it measuring at 14 x 19 x 4 inches, which is not too small, neither too large.
As a parent, you need to ensure that your child’s having tight sleep which is very essential for early age growth. Using this pillow, you may notice that your kid doesn’t even move at night in the bed in a search for comfort.
So, it will be less disturbing for the sleep. The synthetic pillow is covered with 100% hypoallergenic cotton poly blends that can easily resist molds, dust-mites and mildews. Its poly blend materials and polyester won’t let your child suffer from allergic reactions while using it.
Necessary health support provided by this pillow, prevents neck kinks. The perfect size of the pillow fits great in the crib.
You are buying this for your baby, so it will easily get dirty more often. But you don’t have to worry about cleaning and stuffs. The pillow comes with machine washable feature.
But try washing it with low temperature water. The manufacturer offers a free pillowcase with this one. So, you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a separate pillowcase.
pros and cons
- 100% hypoallergenic cotton poly blends
- Molds, dust-mites and mildews resistant
- Machine washable feature makes it easy to clean
- It might lose its shape after a few washes.
- The pillow case is a bit scratchy.
2. Little Sleepy Head Toddler pillow
- This snugly, take-it-everywhere he or she goes pillow...
- 100% Hypoallergenic - your toddler may not have...
- Not too fluffy, not too flat! This pillow for kids...
- Backed by our "Love the Fluff" or we will replace it...
You obviously want to make sure that your kid is in love with the thing he/she is sleeping on. Also, you don’t want the pillow being too rough for your child. The Little Sleepy Head offers a best toddler pillows that is both comfortable and chemical free at the same time. Also, it is not too fluffy or flat, just perfect for providing the right support to your tiny angel needs.
It has a dimension of 13 x 4 x 18 inches which is ideal sized for your child to put his head on. As we mentioned previously, the pillow is very comfortable to sleep on. You will notice that its supportive filling will easily adjust your child’s movement during his/her sleep. So, your child’s spine, head and neck will be appropriately cushioned at all times.
The pillow is covered with 100% soft cotton with 200 thread count fabric. Regardless of your child’s activity with the pillow, it will prove ecstatic in response. Whether your kid is allergic or not, as it is 100% hypoallergenic, you don’t have to worry about causing further allergic problem.
As it has the machine washable feature, you can keep it clean from dust particles that could be harmful for your child’s health. So, no consideration with the health issue here.
pros and cons
- A high 200 thread count assures proper support for the neck
- The fluffiness is very enjoyable for toddlers
- Polyester cluster fiber is filled with high-quality cotton ensuring better quality
- After a few washes, it can develop molds.
- It will make some noise with your child’s movement during the night.
3. Little One’s Toddler Pillow
- Lovingly hand-crafted in the USA by our family owned...
- Super soft 100% certified organic cotton shell -...
- Designed with top chiropractors and pediatricians - we...
- Meticulously tested and individually inspected for...
- Tailor made for your little one - if the pillow is not...
Looking for some thing organic for your kid? Well, You can relay on Little one’s organic pillow. They have developed a good reputation among moms for providing organic pillows that are mainly produced considering on the safety and health for the toddlers. The pillow is thin, and perfectly fluffy that will be very supportive to your child’s neck.
With this handmade organic pillow, your child won’t have to suffer from any allergic reaction. Little one’s organic toddler pillow is made of 100% organic cotton and wool. If you don’t want to expose your kid to chemical materials in the bed, then you might consider buying this one. Organic pillows can be more healthier for the toddlers.
The materials that were used for producing the pillow, naturally hypoallergenic. 200-thread count cotton ticking makes it extremely soft and feels very comfortable to sleep on. You will notice that your child will quickly adopt his/her favorite sleeping position with this pillow. Also, its 13 X 18 inches size is just perfect for your toddler to put his head on.
Little one’s makes it easy for you to clean and care because of its machine washable feature. Always use cold or warm water to clean it and completely avoid using hot water. This pillow will not get lumpy even after extreme wash. No matter how many time you wash it, the pillow will not lose its original shape and size even after 3-4 years.
pros and cons
- Handcrafted pillow with 100% organic cotton shell
- Free from all chemical elements
- Machine washable but does not lose its shape and size
- The pillow might be too small for big toddlers.
- Some customers complained about the pillow of being too soft.
- This is because of it is flat and not having much filling in it.
4. Hiccapop Toddler Bed Rail Bumper
- PASSIVE-SAFETY PROTECTION - Invented at Stanford...
- RESPONSIBLY MANUFACTURED | CertiPUR-US® FOAM is made...
- PERFECT PROTECTION FOR ACTIVE SLEEPERS - hiccapop...
- INSTALLS SAFELY IN SECONDS, FITS UNDER ALL DEEP-FITTED...
- PASSES ALL FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDS FOR BEDRAILS –...
If your child moves a lot during sleep, then you should have a sleep bumper for your toddler for the protection. For more safety during the night sleep and a conscience for you, the Hiccapop Toddler Bed Rail Bumper might come in handy for you. The bed bumper is made of quality non-toxic foam which is taken care of by a water-resistant cover.
Sometimes it’s very hard to keep your active toddler in place. The bumper is 52” long and widget and length of 7”X4.5”. So, it is high enough to ensure you that, your toddler does not fall out of bed during the sleep. So, you can sleep peacefully without worrying whether you kid is protected or not.
If you are someone who have to read bed time stories for your child. You will be glad to know that you can sit on the guard rail and read stories to your child. Also, it’s very easy to clean the cover because of its machine washable feature. The single-handed installation is very useful for the parents. You can install it safely and stress-free in few minutes.
While other old school metal bed rails create a cage like wall, this bed bumper will not let your child feel that he/she has been kept in a box. The bed bumper is hypoallergenic and non-toxic. So, no compromise about the health issue of your child.
pros and cons
- Does not look like old school metal bed bumper
- The perfect height will protect your toddler from falling of out of the bed
- Made of non-toxic foam
- Water resistant cover
- The bumper makes some annoying foam sound which could be an issue if your toddler is sensitive to noise.
- The bumper liner is not grippe enough to bear too much sliding.
5. Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Toddler Pillow
- IS YOUR CHILD'S PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? -...
- SLEEP TIGHT - ALL NIGHT - Your toddler will love...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND JUST THE RIGHT SIZE TO KEEP YOUR...
- WE KNOW KIDS CAN GET MESSY! - Our pillow is easily...
- LOVE IT OR RETURN IT! - You can now purchase with...
A well aware guardian will always ensure the best environment possible that will help his/her child to sleep peacefully. Coop Home Goods Shredded Memory Foam Toddler pillow can help you in this regard.The adjustable pillow will help your child to get the best sleep possible. Your child will easily adopt the pillow as his own comfortable partner.
The cover fabric is made of 60% polyester and 40% bamboo viscose rayon. The super soft bamboo viscose rayon assures you of no harmful chemical effects on your child’s skin. The foam of this pillow has CertiPUR-US certification, so that your child’s head and neck can get proper support.
You don’t need to compromise about your child’s health issue with this one too. This pillow is absolutely free from harmful chemicals. All the used materials are hypoallergenic and dust mites resistant. So, there is no risk of allergic reaction for your child.While using this pillow, your child will not sweat even with the air-conditioner off.
Its cover got the thermos regulating properties from the bamboo derived blend, ensuring very comfortable sleeping condition without any waking up in the middle of the night.
You can dry wash this pillow very easily. Just machine wash it with cold, without any bleach or fabric softener. Make sure the pillow and filling is dry before you use it again. as the best coop home goods pillow.
pros and cons
- The bamboo fabric provides natural care to the toddlers
- Comfortable cooling fabric ensures uninterrupted sleep
- It can be folded without any issue for carrying it anywhere
- Dry wash in washing machine
- The size is small for bigger toddlers.
- Even though its adjustable but it feels too firm for the babies the head.
6. My Little North Star Toddler Pillow
- Toddler pillow and pillowcase. Pillow made in the USA....
- Pillow made from organic cotton shell and high quality...
- Vegan, no animal by-products, never tested on animals...
- Perfect first baby pillow, recommended for kids ages...
- Durable & pillowcases washable included, keeping your...
Want the best protection for your child’s sleep? Take a look at My Little North Star Toddler Pillow. It has a dimension of 13″ x 18″, which is the standard size for the toddlers age between 2-5 years. As the size of it is bit smaller than the average size, it’s not only ideal for using on the bed, but you can also carry it almost everywhere you go.
The cover of this pillow is made of organic cotton and hypoallergenic polyester cluster filling on the inside. It is totally chemical free with no mold and anti-mildew chemicals and dust mites resistant. The cover is extremely soft and was sewn by hand.
The pillow doesn’t require a pillowcase, but it is always good to have one to keep the pillow clean.The pillow was designed to provide a protective support to your child’s head, neck and spine. The manufacturing company did consult with chiropractors to ensure there’s no health risk with this one.
So yes, it has their recommendation too, which is a huge plus point for a toddler pillow safety.The pillow ensures a deep and restful sleep possible for your child.Like the other ones, its machine washable and dry able feature makes it more convenient for parents to keep it as clean and healthy as possible.
pros and cons
- Hypoallergenic and polyester cluster fiber prevent mold and mildew
- No flame retardant, dust mites resistant
- Easily machine washable and dry able
- The pillow is too thin compared to other pillows.
7. Little Sleepy Head Toddler Pillowcase – Utopia Collection
- Made for Little Sleepy Head Pillows 13" X 18." Made in...
- 100% hypoallergenic, soft cotton that gets even softer...
- Backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee and our...
- Machine wash, tumble dry in any temperature - shrinks...
- Whether you want toddler pillowcases for kids or...
Little sleepy head also produces some quality pillowcase as well. Utopia collection is one of their best selling pillowcases. It has different patterns, bold designs and some very bright colors that look very adorable. Your child will find the design of it, very pleasing to the cute little eyes.
The utopia collection is made of hypoallergenic woven 100% cotton. The fabric feels pretty thick and stiff. You may find it scratchy as well. This pillowcase fits best with 13” x 18” Little sleepy head pillow. And 14” X 19” can also get into it with a snug fit. The right fill of the pillow will be much more comfortable for the little nugget.
Even though the pillowcase is a bit more expensive than others but we can assure you that you are getting something very unique. The prints that the pillowcase has on it, are very adorable and comes with various categories. You will have 3 options to choose from, little girl-friendly, little boy-friendly and gender-neutral patterns.
Washing and cleaning this pillowcase is very easy. Their pillowcases went through several washing-tests and they are made to shrink to fit. So, you can confidently wash it in any temperature according to your laundering needs. The pillowcase gets even softer after every wash.
pros and cons
- The fabric is extremely soft
- Various types of adorable prints make it more attractive
- Washable without any condition, it gets even softer after each wash
- The pillowcase is not waterproof, so don’t expect solid protection from liquids.
8. Kinder Fluff Toddle/Travel Pillow
This toddler pillow has a high thread count of 300. The premium high rate of thread count makes the pillow more silkier and even softer than other pillows. Its softness also serves as a pillowcase.So, you don’t really need to buy an extra case for this one.
To ensure the maximum comfort, the pillow is filled with 100% premium polyester and high-quality cotton. The pillow is bacteria resistant, hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant and lump free. It checks all the lists to be a pillow of premium quality. If you prefer luxury, this one is all you need for the luxurious comfort.
The prefect size of 13×18 inches, makes it ideal for kids age 2 and above by providing proper support for their little head and neck. This pillow feels very comfortable to use even in the car or in airplane travel rather just in bed. For those kids, who struggle to maintain a particular position during the night, the Chiropractor has recommended them to use this one.
The polyester cluster fiber that is used to make this pillow, is more resilient and more breathable because of the fibers through which, the air can pass easily. This cluster fiber made sleeping pillow’s fiber ball rearrange itself inside the pillow when they are fluffed. It extends the product life also. The pillow is machine washable, so no issue with cleaning.
pros and cons
- Made of premium quality materials
- High 300 thread count makes it even softer
- Mold and mildew resistant
- No need of an extra pillowcase
- The superior filling of polyester cluster
- The stitching around the pillow isn’t that good.
- You may need to keep re-fluffing as the filling shifts a lot.
9. Everything Kids Toddler Bedding Set, Cho Cho
- 4 piece set includes - quilted bedspread, fitted bottom...
- 100% soft polyester microfiber
- Fits a standard size toddler and crib mattress 28" x...
- Machine wash separately in cold water, gentle cycle,...
The Everything Kids Cho Cho bedding set is made of extra soft polyester microfiber fabrics. This nice looking 4 pieces set include a flat top sheet, a printed comforter, fitted bottom sheet and a printed pillowcase. With a mattress of 28 x 52″ the bedding set will easily fit to a toddler size bed.
The luxurious brushed polyester fabric got a single sided full color print that looks absolutely gorgeous. Bright and colorful print makes it easier to transit your toddler from a crib to toddler bed through the attraction.
Due to the fact that it has been constructed with cozy and lightweight premium elements, the entire 4 pieces set are very soft to touch.This adorable bedding set has tie-down corners ensuring a protected placement of comforter insert.
You don’t need to worry about the cleaning process of it. The bedding set is machine washable. Just make sure that, you are using cold water while cleaning. Also, you can use mild detergent to clean it.
The attractive colorful print will easily grab the attention of your kid. There is a lot of dinosaurs cartoon print all over the sheet, pillowcase and blanket which is very pleasing to the eyes, even the adults will like it. Your toddler will be lost in his/her own imaginary world seeing these printed dinosaurs. The smooth feeling sheet makes it more enjoyable for your toddler to play on it
pros and cons
- Extra soft polyester microfiber
- Machine washable in cold water
- Very durable fabric
- The bed sheet feels cold in winter or even at 60 Fahrenheit. The included blanket is very thin.
10. Equinox Baby Toddler Pillow Set [2-Pack]
- Ultra Soft – Made of a 100% Soft Cotton Cover and a...
- Chiropractor Recommended – Keep your precious toddler...
- Machine Washable – Once ready to clean, simply place...
- Value – Get more for less. Avoid overpaying on single...
- Best Bang For Your Buck - A great gift idea for kids,...
Equinox made their best toddler pillow from 100% soft cotton. It has 7D hollow microfiber filling which is siliconized. The premium quality filling will provide great comfort to your baby. The proper neck and head support is ensured by the right amount of fluff, so that your toddler can see adorable dream without any unwanted interrupt while sleeping.
Equinox didn’t make any sacrifice when it was about the health issue of toddlers. They made this pillow with such care that, it ended up getting the recommendation of Chiropractors. With this pillow, you don’t need to be overly concerned wheaten you kid is getting proper support for his sensitive neck, head and spine, or not.
Even though the hypoallergenic feature makes it mold, mildew and dust-mite resistant, you won’t face any issue while washing it. So this pillow is easily washable in the machine. All you need to do is apply gentle cycle setting with cold water, and then dry it by lowering the tumble.
The most exciting factor is, you are getting two pillows at the price of one. Isn’t it amazing? On top of that, the pillows don’t get lumpy after each wash, and always maintain smooth surface for your child. Both the pillows are measuring at 13” x 18”. If you have twin toddlers, it is a package that you don’t want to miss.
pros and cons
- It has Chiropractors recommendation
- Machine washable, but doesn’t get lumpy after washing
- 7D hollow siliconized microfiber filling ensures the premium quality
- These pillows are smaller than average size.
- There is a bit firmness that may not be comfortable to some toddlers.
11. Clevamama Clevafoam Toddler Pillow
- Luxurious Toddler Pillow - Perfect for toddlers 1- 2- 3...
- Made using ClevaFoam - Our scientifically proven foam...
- Restful Night's Sleep - Perfect in size and ergonomic...
- Breathable and hypo-allergenic - with its open cell...
- Easy Removable & Machine Washable Cover – with a...
The ClevaMama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow is a great choice for toddlers who do not feel comfortable sinking into the pillow and it is also a great choice for stomach sleepers. This pillow has the perfect size and design. It is an excellent choice as your toddler’s first pillow. It is the only pillow that is scientifically proven to reduce the pressure by 50% on the back of the baby’s head, thus, it helps in preventing Flat Head Syndrome. And after a long day of crawling and walking, it helps ensure a restful and peaceful night’s sleep for your toddler with its excellent comfort and support for the neck and head.
This pillow is filled with the brand’s specially designed – Clevafoam. Clevafoam has been engineered and developed for babies and it offers supreme comfort and support to young toddlers. Although Clevafoam shares similar features to memory foam, it has a much excellent cell structure.
Traditional memory foam uses a closed cell structure making it heavy and dense which leads to lower airflow and causes heat retention.
On the other hand, Clevafoam has an open cell structure, making the material lighter and allowing the air to flow with ease to reduce heat retention. Clevafoam keeps your child cool and comfy throughout the night.
When it comes to children’s products, there should be no compromise with safety. Clevamama clevafoam toddler pillow is designed with safety in mind. This pillow is manufactured using foams and fabrics that are PH balanced, toxin free and also hypo-allergenic which makes it a suitable choice for babies who suffers from allergies and asthma.
The pillow cover also plays an important role in your baby’s comfort. The cover of this pillow is made of AirFlow technology which helps to increase air flow and also put away moisture from your baby. The ventilation holes increase the airflow making it more breathable. The pillow is wrapped in a removable and machine washable cover. There are also replacement covers available so that you can always keep the pillow clean and fresh.
This Anti-flat head pillow’s low profile help’s to keep your baby’s head, neck, and spine in alignment. It benefits their growing body by relieving pressure from the body. This pillow is suitable for cot, crib, and the parent’s bed. This comfortable pillow is 21 x 12 inches in size and the Oeko-Tex 100 certified. This pillow is one of the best choices for toddlers above 12 months old.
It’s a neat pillow with a simple design and has all the attributes you can wish for. The Clevamama clevafoam toddler pillow is amazingly breathable and distributes any body heat to provide your baby with a comfortable and restful night’s sleep.
Pros and Cons
- Durable and extremely breathable
- The cover is removable and machine washable
- The clevafoam helps to prevent Flat Head Syndrome
- Reduces pressure on the neck and head
- Superior support and comfort
- Fluffing cannot be done to the foam and could cause it to end up with an indentation
12. Organic Baby Pillows
- Ergonomically Designed - Highly rated by parents all...
- Durable & Washable - We know that mess always happens...
- Natural Cotton - We use natural cotton for our kids...
- Cute Print - Get a cute and huggable Toddler Pillow...
- Perfect Travel Companion - Perfect travel size pillow...
If you are looking for a smooth and soft organic toddler pillow for an affordable price, this one might be the correct choice for you. And a good pillow can aid in your child’s spinal development and ensure optimal growth in his or her physicality.
This ergonomically designed pillow has been tested on toddlers to provide the best spinal support possible without compromising your kid’s comfort. It is specially tested by children of different ages to ensure that the pillow is soft and its height is just right for any type of sleeper. It is an excellent choice for the best spinal support for your toddler. In short, it is a combination of support, comfort, and value.
The dimension of the pillow is 16.2 x 12.7 x 3.9 inches and it is perfectly sized for your little love to nap, play, and sleep. It is a perfect travel companion as well. Your little one can sleep on it while on the go. And with a familiar pillow on hand, your toddler will feel comfortable and secured when napping or sleeping in a new environment.
Both the pillow and the safari print pillow case are really durable as well as machine washable and can be put in the dryer on a low setting. The ball fiber filling remains fluffy and keeps its shape better than a pillow made with stringy fiber filling. Also, they won’t attach together. For the best result, let the pillow air dry then fluff it and it reclaims its primary shape. If you place it in the dryer, it may develop lumps.
Here is the video review
While the cover is made of 100% organic cotton, the poly fill is man made, therefore, is not organic. If you were expecting the filling to be organic, well, it is not. That said, it does not have a chemical smell and is not treated with any flame retardants. You can also wash the cover separately.
Keababies is one of the best organic pillows that provide comfort and make your toddler feel safe and secure. In short, it is an essential thing for a toddler for their optimal development. This pillow made with 220 TC and 100% hypoallergenic cotton, making it the perfect pillow for toddlers and young babies. It maintains it fluff even after many times of wash. It will provide your child with extra softness as he or she sleeps.
This pillow is a perfect pillow for your child to feel safe and sound through the night. Quality sleep is made possible with this pillow and having quality sleeps helps your toddler in healthy brain development and she or he will feel less irritating during the day.
Pros and Cons
- Ergonomically designed for proper spinal support
- Machine washable
- Travel ready
- Keeps its fluff, size, and shape after being washed
- 100% unbleached organic cotton cover
- Case included
- Filling is not organic
- Dryer could make it lumpy
13. Memory Foam Toddler Pillow
- NO MORE SMELL: Our new verison doesn't have any smell,...
- SPECIAL DESIGN KIDS PILLOW: Special design keeps your...
- NEW UPGRADE VERSION: Our Baby Pillow is made from 100%...
- PERFECT SIZE FOR TODDLERS: Our toddler pillows measure...
- A HEALTHY SLEEP: It's a comfortable way for mom and...
Usually, when you think of pillows made of memory foam, you think of really high-end, pricey pillows for adults. Well, this memory foam pillow we are talking about is for toddlers. The Aloudy Memory Foam Toddler Pillow is made from 100% premium quality hypoallergenic materials, it super comfortable and soft, yet firm for support, providing the utmost comfort for your precious little one. It is a very high-quality pillow and an excellent choice for those of you who want to give your toddler the best possible sleeping experience.
This pillow is shaped a bit differently. Instead of a traditional pillow shape, it has a unique shape that perfectly conforms to the contours of a toddler’s neck and shoulders, ensuring that they are constantly supported as they sleep. The curved design ensures that your toddler’s head remains naturally round. Of course, because this is a memory foam pillow, it will slowly but surely conform to your child’s shape, which makes it even better when it comes to supporting their neck and head.
The exterior of the pillow is made from hypoallergenic and bacteria-resistant cotton, so it won’t be the cause of your child’s allergic reactions and if your kid is a bit on the messy side you don’t have to worry about any nasty bacteria popping up on the pillow. If you do wish to wash the pillow, doing so is easy, simply take the cover off using the zipper and then put it in the washing machine.
Measures of memory foam toddler pillow
This pillow measures 20″(L) x 12″ by 10″(W) x 2″ by 2.5″(H) and you can easily fold it up into a bag for travel. So your child can sleep in a familiar pillow feeling safe and secure while they are in an unfamiliar environment.
Overall, you will really love this pillow as it is the best overall toddler pillow on this list. Given that this is a list specifically dedicated to finding the toddler pillow, which should tell you about the quality of this pillow. However, it isn’t faultless. To be specific, there are two issues, both of which are rather minor but needs to be mentioned.
First off, as this is pillow is made of memory foam, there is a bit of a “settling in period” as it conforms to your child’s shape. Secondly, it is a bit more expensive than some of the other pillows. Well, the second one isn’t actually an issue as you can’t put a price on your little one’s comfort.
Pros and Cons
- Unique shape provides excellent support
- Baby skin-friendly, premium quality fabric
- Very comfortable
- Memory foam provides unmatched support for toddler’s head and neck
- Cover is easy to take off for washing
- Can be stuffed into a bag while traveling
- A bit pricier option than some other pillows
- Takes a little time to conform to your baby’s shape
- The pillow may spread smell for the first one or two days
A Definitive Best Toddler Pillow Buying Guide
Choosing an appropriate pillow for toddlers is very important in order get a sound sleep, which is vital for their physical and mental development. You must take few things into consideration before buying a pillow for your toddler.
Let us highlight some of the major aspects of choosing a toddler pillow.
Toddler Pillow’s safety comes first to our prior list. As it is an issue of sleeping gear involvement, the safety should be a very high concern. The parents should avoid all the possible dangers when putting the toddlers to bed.
Selecting an appropriate size does half the work done for you. Also, take care of the fabrics too. You don’t expect excess fabric posing a suffocation threat.
Size and shape:
Choosing a pillow of perfect size and shape are equally important. Your baby will obviously cuddle around, so the size should not be too small or too big, so that your toddler can get optimum support.
Most of the toddler pillows measure more or less 12 x 18 inches. The pillow should not be too smaller or bigger than this standard size.
If your child has sensitive skin then you must look for hypoallergenic featured pillows. Non-allergenic materials are used for making hypoallergenic pillows. It reduces the risk of developing skin infections/allergies.
You will find most of the organic pillows are hypoallergenic. If you don’t want an organic pillow, then make sure the pillow is marked of being hypoallergenic.
Firmness and comfortable support:
Obviously you are buying a pillow for your toddler expecting that he/she sleeps comfortably. The pillow must firm enough to give such comfort. It shouldn’t be too soft or too firm, otherwise your child will feel sore and tender after waking up.
To test the firmness, press the pillow and see whether it gains its original shape quickly or slowly. The pillow should gain its original size and shape in a moderate period of time, it should not take too long, neither too quick. A well balanced, firmed pillow is very essential for a healthy sound sleep.
Different materials serve different purposes to the customers. Also, the quality of the product largely depends on what kind of materials are used for producing The materials that are used in a pillow is interlinked with your toddler’s health issue.
You can look for 100% cotton filling soft fabric for better breathing ability. To avoid potential risky allergic factors, go for 100% non-allergenic polyester fabric. Polyester synthetic fiber is more durable and it can hold the shape for long time.
Also, you can choose the organic toddler pillow also. The organic pillows are mostly handmade products. So, naturally it is hypoallergenic which reduces the risks of allergic reactions.
Thread count indicates the number of threads per square inch of fabric. The pillow gets silkier and durable because of the higher thread count. Most of the toddler pillows are of 200 thread count, which is still good and feels comfortable.
But if you are looking for luxurious comfort, go for even more thread count. A pillow of 300 thread count doesn’t even require a pillowcase, and of course feels the best to sleep on.
If your toddler is sensitive to sounds and easily wakes up hearing any noise, you should pay more attention to the noise a pillow makes when the pressure is applied on it. Buckwheat as well as synthetic fibers produce crackling noise, so avoid pillows made of these two materials.
You can not expect the pillow of being clean all the time as you are buying it for your toddler. It can get stained more often by sticky finger, sweat, drool etc. Machine washable feature will make it easier for you to clean.
Some of the pillows are washable by any appropriate means possible, while in the other hand, some of the pillows can only be washed with certain conditions.
Many toddler pillow manufacturers offer a satisfaction guarantee. You can return the pillow if you are not completely pleased with their
If you are ordering through online, there is a possibility that the product you receive might come to be different in action than advertised. So, you can return it to them and ask for refund within a specific period of time.
Let’s Answer Some Frequently Asked Questions.
#At what age should a child have a pillow?
Mostly when your baby is nearly 24 months old, that’s the time for him to use a toddler pillow that will accompany him/her to sleep. So basically, it’s the first stage when you transfer him from crib to a master bed.
As the normal pillows for grown-ups are larger in size and harsh to their sensitivity, the parents need to introduce a toddler pillow to their little ones.
#Is the pillow safe for my baby?
The toddler pillows are specifically made for kids, considering their sensitivity and early age development.
The materials that are used to produce a pillow for toddlers, are mostly free from harmful chemicals that may lead to health issues.
However, most of these pillows are hypoallergenic, ensuring there no risk of developing allergic reaction.
#What is the size of a toddler pillow?
There are variant sizes of pillows that are made for toddlers. According to your child’s age, the size and shape can be different. Although, quality toddler pillows come with a label mentioning the age range.
Since the standard size is 12″ x 18″ inches, the suitable size for your toddler would be close to this measurement. But make sure, it is not too small or large than this standard size.
#Does pillowcase necessitate toddler pillows?
Well, it actually depends on your purchase. If you want to save money and buy a basic toddler pillow, then it may need a pillowcase for better comfort.
But if you are some who doesn’t want to compromise about the quality, go for the high thread count fabric. These don’t require any pillowcase because of the silkiness.
Nonetheless, some of the manufacturers offer a free pillowcase with their toddler pillow, so you don’t need to spend extra money on it.
#Should I use a pillow protector to protect the pillow?
Don’t think you need as because there are most of pillow machine washable. If your toddler pillow machine washable you don’t need pillow protector but if you safe your toddler from acne, allergy you should use a pillow protector. A lot of people don’t use pillow protector.
Buying an appropriate pillow for your baby is not just an investment, rather it is caring as well. Combining all the information provided above, we expect that you can make a winning purchase of the perfect toddler pillow possible.
Set your priority based on safety, comfort as well as other factors in consideration. This way, your child will get the best toddler pillow as his/her cushion mate in anytime soon.