Do you suffer from neck pains due to unknown reasons? If not, then consider yourself lucky, but if you do, then it probably is because of your incorrect body posture. To be more specific, you suffer from neck pain or back pain because of not having a right head posture while you sleep. If you fix it then read our best pillow for forward head posture.
If you want to improve your head posture, there are many techniques to follow. One of them is to purchase the right pillow that supports your neck and saves you from unusual neck pains. Pain that you experience while sitting, watching t.v, turning your neck, or even while sleeping.
A forward head posture might seem to be something ordinary, but if you do not treat it the right way, it can result in severe neck pains. Eventually, it can lead to severe back problems like a cervical spine and a hunched upper back.
Using pillows for a forward head posture will be an efficient and comfortable way to maintain a forward head posture. In this blog, we have gathered a list of the best pillows for a forward head posture.
How Can We Compare The Best Pillows For a Forward Head Posture?
|EPABO||Memory foam||1.95 pounds||White|
|Coisum||Memory foam||2.9 pounds||White|
|Milemont||Memory foam||2.9 pounds||White|
|Mokaloo||Memory foam||1.5 pounds||White and blue|
Foam of memory
|White, blue, grey
Grey and white
Best Pillows for Overall Neck Pains
Popular chiropractors suggest that your neck muscles should adequately rest at night to heal from the strain caused by daily activities. Following are our top picks for pillows for a forward head posture:
EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow
- UXURY SLEEPING PILLOW - Provides therapeutic relief for...
- ERGONOMIC - Proven contour design perfectly supports...
- QUALITY MATERIAL - Breathable memory form provides...
The EPABO orthopedic memory pillow has an ergonomic surface that supports and straightens your neck, shoulder, and back. It can maintain an excellent sleeping position that gives you a good long night’s sleep.
Epabo contour memory foam pillow is hypoallergenic, and it comprises a cool bamboo pillowcase that covers the breathable memory pillow. It might seem like any other memory pillow, but the customers have reviewed that it is not. Many reviewers stated that it promotes a comfortable full night’s sleep and said that it was a good investment that results in no neck pain.
Some buyers claimed that this pillow aligns with your neck to give it instant relief. Many stated that it is an excellent solution for someone who has chronic neck pains.
- This is memory foam.
- It offers therapeutic relief for all types of neck pains for all sleepers.
- The fabric will keep you cool and comfortable.
- The ergonomic surface offers excellent support and alignment for your head, neck, shoulder, and back.
- It offers a faster and deeper sleep.
- The breathable memory foam offers good air circulation for a relaxed environment.
- The material is chemical-free and safe for your health.
- The hypoallergenic material feels silky soft.
Coisum Back Sleeper Cervical Pillow – Memory Foam Pillow
- 【KEEP YOU AWAY FROM WAKING UP WITH NECK & SHOULDER...
- 【FOR BACK SLEEPERS & SMALLER SIZE SIDE SLEEPERS】The...
- 【HIGH QUALITY SLOW REBOUND INNER MEMORY FOAM】...
The Coisum cervical pillow gives you a good night’s sleep that helps you feel good during the day and plays a significant role in giving you good health. When you obtain a good night’s sleep, it means you make your sleep a priority. The Coisum pillows offer a shape that is suitable for all types of sleepers.
It is a product that elevates your level of sleep and improves your daily routine. Although the customers describe this as a weird looking pillow, they love it.
- This pillow is mainly for back sleepers and side sleepers.
- The memory foam in it had medium hardness.
- It has been made with a high-quality foam that gives firm support to your head and neck.
- It is a good cure for neck pain and sore shoulders.
- The hole design helps give maximum support to your head, reducing the pressure on your back.
- The memory foam has temperature sensing capabilities and fits your neck accurately.
- The pillow has different contour heights, and the buyer can choose the side more comfortable for the neck.
- The pillowcase is skin-friendly, removable, and washable.
- The breathable surface allows the air to circulate and keeps the pillow cool.
- There are no chemicals that are used in the memory foam.
- It offers an exquisite appearance.
- It is suitable for the elderly, office workers. These people sit all day long to work, and for someone who has a cervical vertebra issue.
- It can also be given as a gift to someone you love.
Milemont Memory Foam Pillow, Cervical Pillow
- 【Ergonomic Design】If your spine isn’t properly...
- 【Premium Memory Foam】 This pillow uses CertiPUR-US...
- 【Support and Comfortable】 The foam has been...
The Milemont pillow offers two main features that are cervical support and comfort. This pillow is the best pillow for severe neck pains. It has been designed luxuriously to offer maximum neck support.
It aligns with your head when you sleep on your back and side. This therapeutic pillow gives the needed support to your neck’s cervical curve; it results in less neck pain and relief to your neck muscles.
- It has been made with 65% polyester and 35% Tencel.
- The design of this pillow helps you to sleep in the healthiest position to promote nutritional spine health.
- It uses CertiPUR-US certified memory foam in the middle that easily adjusts your head and neck while you sleep.
- The foam inside it has been calibrated to keep your neck in a healthy position.
- It eases the pressure points and delivers the needed support.
- This pillow comes in 4 different sizes to meet up your expectations and gives you a product that is worth the money.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
MOKALOO Memory Foam Pillow for Sleeping
- 【Contour Memory Foam Pillow】 - The perfect bed...
- 【Best Neck Support】 - Ergonomic shaped design of...
- 【Ice Fiber Pillowcase】 - Removable and washable...
Suppose you are a back sleeper and struggle to get a comfortable and supportive pillow. In that case, this right cervical pillow s the best choice.
It has an ergonomic surface and a tapered design that offers the best possible support to you. This pillow provides adjustable heights by removing the bottom layers of the memory foam.
- This is a perfect pillow for sleeping, having a standard size of 23.6×13.5×4.5 inches, which is suitable for all sleeping postures.
- The ergonomically shaped design offers support for the neck, shoulder, and head.
- It improves sleeping and eases neck and shoulder pains.
- It reduces snoring and gives you a good sleeping experience.
- The pillowcase is removable and washable; it has a one-of-its-kind stitching design that offers convenience.
- The ice fabric of the pillowcase is soft and breathable.
- The memory foam inside it is skin-friendly.
Mkicesky Side Sleeper Contour Memory Foam Pillow
- Neck Pain Relief: Ergonomically designed to allow neck...
- Ultra Comfortable Memory Foam: Mkicesky Cervical...
- Suitable Size: Mkicesky bed pillow 25*16*4.2/5.3 in....
The Mkicesky memory foam pillow is a uniquely designed bed pillow that allows you to sleep wonderfully. It comes with a hollow design, a cervical contour surface that naturally aligns with the curve of your neck.
The two different elevations are perfect for various sleeping postures, including sleeping on your back. This is one of the best-personalized pillows for neck pains because of its unique features.
- This pillow is made with 100% polyester.
- The ergonomic design allows your neck and shoulder muscles to relax.
- The contoured shape offers an alignment that relieves the discomfort of your neck.
- The memory foam has CertiPUR certification that reshapes to the needed position to support your head and relaxes the pressure joints.
- This pillow is suitable for people who sleep on the back, side sleepers, and others.
- The cervical shape supports the neck and offers comfort through the night.
- The pillowcase that comes with it is washable and removable.
- It offers you to breathe more freely and reduces snoring.
- It also reduces headaches.
Mkicesky Side Sleeper Contour Pillow Relief
- Neck Pain Relief: Ergonomically designed to allow neck...
- Ultra Comfortable Memory Foam: Mkicesky Cervical...
- Suitable Size: Mkicesky bed pillow 23.62*16*3.14/4.3...
If you think that a cervical pillow cannot have an upgraded design, then you are wrong. The Mkicesky contour pillow is one of the best pillows for severe neck pains. This design is famous for all side sleepers, and you can predict that at first glance.
This has been designed with a combination of hollow center and an arching slope that gives you comfort whether you sleep on your back, on your stomach and sleep on your side. Its design is focused on the hollow middle area that holds your head and relieves pain, keeping your neck in a natural position when sleeping on your neck.
If you are suffering from a sore neck or shoulder, this pillow will help you with these issues.
- It comprises a slow rebound memory foam contour pillow.
- The ergonomic design relaxes the muscles of your neck and shoulder.
- Its shape gives a proper alignment for your neck and rejuvenates your body while you sleep.
- These pillows use CertiPUR certified responsive memory foam that reshapes itself to the needed position.
- It relieves pressure points and increases circulation.
- This pillow has a dimension of 23.62x16x14/4/3 inches.
- It helps to decrease snoring by supporting your neck naturally.
- This pillow comes with a one year warranty.
IKSTAR Memory-Foam Pillow for Sleeping
The IKSTAR memory pillow reduces neck pain. It stands out amongst other neck pillows because of its attractive shape. The creative hollow design and shoulder cuts contribute to providing comfort for your above shoulder area.
It relieves pressure and strain on your neck and increases spine alignment.
- It is a 100% contour memory foam pillow.
- The middle of the pillow is quite creative that adjusts the back of your head with the slow bound memory foam that softly adjusts the curve of your head.
- Its unique shape and design make a perfect area to rest your head comfortably.
- It relieves pressure, improves circulation, and helps to eradicate the pain caused by improper sleeping.
- The memory foam inside this pillow is made with a high-quality foam that is non-toxic and odorless.
- The breathable pillowcase absorbs the heat and allows cool and fresh air to move and maintain the ideal temperature.
- It has dimensions of 25x16x5.3/4.2 inches.
- This is perfect for sleeping in different positions like on your back, side.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty and 30 days return policy.
Wondell Memory Foam Cervical Neck Pain Relief Pillow
- Pillow core is 100% MEMORY FOAM of medium hardness,...
- PERFECT POSTURE PILLOW. Wondell ergonomic memory foam...
- REBOUND EXPERIENCE. Memory foam pillow with medium...
Joining our list of the best adjustable pillows for the neck is the memory foam pillow from Wondell. This pillow can be presented as a gift and can be a great way to show that you care for someone.
Wondell memory foam cervical neck pain relief pillow is perfect for side and back sleepers. It is an orthopedic pillow that delivers the right neck alignment and offers the neck and shoulder muscles to relax.
This luxury foam pillow improves the quality of life because of its outstanding features.
- This pillow is 100% memory foam.
- It has been certified by CertiPUR-US certified.
- The Wondell ergonomic memory foam pillow is an orthopedic pillow that is the perfect solution for side and back sleepers.
- It provides excellent support for your neck and shoulder.
- This memory foam pillow offers a slow rebound experience that relieves your head, neck, and shoulders.
- The mesh kind of sides of this contour shaped pillow is made to dissipate heat and offer a cool feeling.
- This pillow comes with a washable pillowcase.
- It offers two levels that soothe neck and shoulder pains, back pains, and sleeping problems.
- The side sleepers should elevate the pillow for their head for good support.
- It has been designed for different postures.
- It absorbs body heat and aligns with the neck.
HOKEKI Memory Foam Pillow
Suppose you want a pillow that fits splendidly with your recent bed and pillow arrangement. In that case, the Hokeki cervical sleeping pillow offers the best features with a traditional look.
The pillow has basic dimensions of 23x15x3.5 inches and offers a contour shape for extra support where it is needed. This Hokeki product has protective padding; it is safe and chemical-free. It is ready to use as soon as you take it out of the box.
- This innovative creation having a cervical contour design gives support to the above shoulder area. It even supports the back and maintains a stable position.
- This pillow keeps your neck correctly aligned with your body and reduces the chances of snoring.
- It reduces neck pain and shoulder stiffness.
- This orthopedic pillow has a wedge design.
- This pillow is skin-friendly, soft, breathable, adjusts with the neck, and offers a slow rebound experience.
- The memory foam is temperature sensing that provides you a comfortable feeling.
- This pillow is not the best pillow for severe neck pain.
- The unusual butterfly shape is best for back and side sleepers.
- The shape supports adjusting the buyers’ different sleeping positions.
- It reduces the issues of cervical vertebra and spine for sleepers.
- It soothes away neck and shoulder aches.
- This pillow comprises a removable and zipped pillowcase that makes it easier to wash.
- It is made with polyester fabric that is durable and breathable.
- This comes in a delicate packing.
- It is the right choice for people that have chronic cervical spondylosis.
3 Way To Improve Forward Head Posture
If your neck stays forward and your head pokes ahead of your shoulders instead of staying above them, then you might have a forward head posture.
This position is quite dangerous because it puts a strain on your muscles and puts a significant amount of pressure on your cervical spine, which increases the chances of spinal problems.
There are three ways to improve your forward head posture by performing the following habits every day.
- In the morning, perform chin tucks and chest stretches. Chin tuck exercise is an easy step that helps to strengthen the upper thoracic extensors; these are the muscles that align with your head.
In this exercise, you have to stand against a wall with your feet shoulder-width apart. Move your face forward and tuck your chin down, now pull your head back until it touches the wall. Hold this position for 5 seconds and then repeat it 10 times.
This will tighten your chest muscles and contribute to your head projecting forward. By stretching out your pectoralis, your shoulder and head will have time to stay back and create a good posture.
- Arrange your workspace correctly. If you keep on sitting on a chair for most of the day, it is easier to hunch your head forward. If you arrange your work area that makes your head stay aligned with your shoulders, it will improve your forward head posture.
This will involve some steps like raising your computer at the angle of your eyes, positioning your mouse and keyboard so that your forearms are in a parallel position to the floor. The elbows are at a right angle. You should buy a chair with a headrest.
- An orthopedic pillow like a cervical pillow has a distinct shape with the middle of the pillow curved inside to give adequate support to your head and spine’s natural curves. This can help you to improve your head posture.
These pillows aim to allow your neck to remain neutral rather than forward. A similar effect can be achieved by rolling up a towel and putting it behind your neck while sleeping.
How To Fix Your Forward Head Posture?
A forward head posture can be fixed through the following lifestyle changes:
1. Use a firm pillow
You should purchase a pillow that supports the natural curve of your neck. If you use a high or low pillow, it can result in a forward head posture. This muscle imbalance can not be corrected quickly. Therefore it is better to use a firm pillow to support your neck.
2. Arrange your work area properly
While many people sit on desks in front of computers, it is better to make some posture friendly adjustments in our workspace.
Use a chair that promotes a good posture and allows you to sit with your feet resting on the ground.
Place your computer 18-24 inches away from your head so that your screen is at your eye level.
3. Adjusting your backpack
Place your backpack proportionally to your body. Don’t use a large bag.
Make sure to remove unneeded things inside your bag to avoid carrying unnecessary weight. If there are any heavy items in your pocket, make sure to place them in the middle of the pack. Carry your bag with both straps rather than with one strap.
4. Perform correct exercises that help to improve your posture that is mentioned above.
Do pillows cause forward head posture?
Suppose you keep too many pillows under your head while sleeping. In that case, it can result in a forward head posture because of your head’s elevation.
What is the fastest way to fix forward head posture?
The fastest way to improve your head posture is by doing some exercises. The stretching of the chest and shoulders can help to enhance the head posture.
Can forward head posture be reversed?
The chin tuck exercise can help to reverse forward head posture and can help to strengthen the muscles.
How can I fix my forward head posture while sleeping?
You can fix a forward head posture by placing a cervical pillow under your head or rolling up a towel and placing it under your head.
What is the best pillow for correcting a forward head posture?
Sleeping with a cervical pillow, also known as the orthopedic pillow, can correct a forward head posture.
How do I get rid of a hump behind my neck?
You can get rid of your bump behind your neck by performing chin tucks, and scapular squeezes.
Can a chiropractor fix forward head posture?
In most cases, a chiropractor can fix the forward head postures through exercises.
How should I sleep to improve my neck posture?
Sleeping with an excellent cervical pillow can improve your forward head posture. Also, sleeping on the side can improve it.
What muscles are weak with a forward head posture?
The muscles that get weak with a forward head posture are deep neck flexors and scapular stabilizers.
Should I sleep without a pillow if I have a forward head posture?
No, it is not ideal to sleep without a pillow if you have a forward head posture.
Should I use a pillow if I am suffering from a forward head posture?
Yes, you should use a cervical pillow if you are suffering from a forward head posture.
A forward head posture can not be corrected through exercises only. You also have to focus on daily habits that result in a bad posture and avoid them. Invest in an excellent cervical pillow. It will not only improve your head posture but will also help you to sleep better. You find best cervical pillow in best pillow for forward head posture reviews.