Spending whole nights tossing and turning from lack of sleep or swallowing painkillers from hip and back pain can cause you to develop stress. Needless to say, it will also negatively affect your personal and work life. If you relieve hip and back pain read our best mattress topper for hip pain reviews.
A bad quality mattress can worsen your pain and, in many cases, cause you to develop pain even when you are perfectly healthy. Mattress toppers can give a hand to your uncomfortable, old, or worn-out mattresses and make it much more comfortable.
Keep scrolling to find out about the best mattress topper for hip pain that will greatly improve the quality of your sleep. We have also listed the pros and cons of each item to make selection easier for you.
|Linenspa 3 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress...||84,908 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|LUCID 2 Inch 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress...||44,684 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|KARRISM Extra Thick Mattress Topper(Queen),...||52 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|COONP Queen Mattress Topper, Extra Thick...||20,632 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Best Mattress Toppers for Hip Pain Reviews
Are you confused about which one to buy? Read our in-depth reviews to find your ideal pick. Believe me, you won’t get disappointed.
Linenspa 2-Inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- Two inches of ultra-plush memory foam that conforms to your curves and hugs you to sleep
- Infused with temperature regulating gel beads that capture and dissipate heat to help prevent...
- Comfortable memory foam distributes weight evenly to soften the feel of your mattress
- Available in plush 2-inch and 3-inch profiles; the 3-inch topper will hug your body more than the...
- A comfortable and affordable way to rejuvenate an old mattress, soften a hard mattress, and prolong...
Linenspa is a popular brand, and its 2-inch gel-infused memory foam mattress topper is no different. A bestseller, this mattress topper, has received numerous reviews online so far, and almost all of them are positive.
Whether you are someone who is in a constant back and hip pain or just someone who simply wants a sound sleep, this mattress topper will be highly handy for you. This clever and highly effective sleep assistant uses two inches of ultra-plush and comfortable Polyurethane memory foam as a material.
You will feel like you are being hugged to sleep as it fits the curves of your body perfectly. This mattress topper is infused with gel beads that regulate temperature and prevent overheating. If you live somewhere that is very hot, say hello to uninterrupted sleep with little to no sweat.
No matter what the size of your bed is, you can find a fit easily. It has been proven that uncomfortable and rigid mattresses can cause you to develop back and hip pain even when you are perfectly healthy.
And we know that replacing an old mattress can be a hassle for you and expensive as well. With a handy mattress topper like this one, you can revitalize your used mattress. Got a hard mattress? There is nothing to worry about.
Just simply throw the Linenspa mattress topper on top of it, and you can use your mattress with comfort without worrying about buying a new one.
If you have chronic back and hip pain, this is the wisest purchase decision you will ever make! It has also been certified by Certi-PUR US, which means it has been analyzed and tested in the laboratory, and it meets all the necessary standards.
Pros and Cons
- Not expensive
- Available for various sizes of beds and mattresses
- Available in a variety of thickness
- Use of memory foam makes it more comfortable
- Saves you from the hassle and expense of purchasing a new mattress
- Certi-PUR US certified
- Reported to be not child friendly by some users
- Some users say that it has a strong odor
LUCID 2-Inch 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 2 inch memory foam mattress topper with five body zones to maximize comfort
- Memory foam is infused with the relaxing scent of lavender and textured to improve breathability
- Textured zones reduce pressure at different points of body contact to prevent tossing and turning
- Specialized memory foam formula is designed to be extremely soft, airy and responsive
The Lucid 2-inch 5 zone lavender memory foam mattress topper has been segmented into 5 zones for added comfort. Made with 2-inch memory foam and scented with lavender, this mattress topper is ensured to give you an ultimate good night’s sleep. This is truly the best mattress topper for back and hip pain you can ever buy.
Lavender is a plant that is proven to enhance your sleep quality and make you relaxed. Popular for its calming scent, this plant is proven to have calming and sleep-inducing properties. The infusion of lavender scent adds to your already improved sleep brought about by this clever mattress topper.
Not to mention, it also makes your bedroom more calm and soothing. The design and implementation of five specialized contoured zones give you luxurious sleep. Catering to the common pressure points of your body, it expertly relieves you the stress of tossing and turning all night.
Memory foam is a material known for its pressure reducing and pain-relieving properties. The 2-inch thickness ensures greater comfort and relieves you of pain even better.
And lavender is known to cause allergic reactions to some people. Moreover, some people find it difficult to fall asleep when there is a scent lingering around. We recommend you try to check if you are allergic and assess this topper’s smell before you purchase it.
You may notice that the foam has a distinct smell after you unwrap the packaging and take it out. LUCID ensures that this is only temporary, and this smell will go away after about 48 hours.
Pros and Cons
- Available in many sizes
- Can be purchased with a topper
- Available in two types of thickness
- Soothing smell
- Implementation of 5 comfort zones
- Customized and relaxed sleep
- Not heat regulated
- Not much long-lasting
Milemont Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
No products found.
This mattress topper comes from a rather less known brand. That fact still does not take away from its extreme popularity because this item can surely be said to be one of the best mattress toppers for hip and back pain.
And this relatively less known yet brilliantly engineered sleep aide adapts to your body with its 1.5-inch memory foam gel and cooling beads. Designed to evenly spread and adjust to the pressure points of your body, this mattress topper does not get overheated at all.
Guaranteed to give you a good night’s sleep, this item is biodegradable, and that means it is also environment-friendly.
Still unsure about the Milemont gel memory mattress topper? Surely a certification from CentiPUR-US will assure you. A CentiPUR-US certification means this mattress topper has been tested in the laboratory, and it has successfully met the necessary standards.
It has hundreds of evenly placed holes to allow better airflow. After being compressed with the help of a machine, this mattress gets packed in a box. So we recommend leaving it alone for 48-72 hours after unwrapping it so that it can get back to its shape.
Moreover, this item is backed by a 10-year warranty, which means you can sleep in peace for years to come.
Pros and Cons
- Is certified by CentiPUR-US
- Has gel beads for temperature regulation
- Is built with memory foam
- Available in various sizes
- Alleviates your body pain
- Some users report that the heat regulation feature does not work
- Aggressive and often unfriendly after-sales
Karrism Extra Thick Mattress Topper
- EXTRA THICK & ULTRA SOFT: 50% THICKER than normal mattress pad. Overfilled with ultra-plush snow...
- COOLING &BREATHABLE: Made of 100% 400TC cotton, the breathable fabric of this mattress topper allows...
- HEALTHIER SLEEP: This hotel quality down alternative mattress topper without any smell and heat...
- DEEP ELASTIC POCKET: Thick elastic deep pocket can securely attach the topper to the mattress,...
- MACHINE WASHABLE: TRUE BAFFLE BOX DESIGN keeps down alternative filling in place and prevents fill...
Another user-favorite mattress topper! The manufacturers say that this topper is 50% thicker than the regular mattress pads and has been filled with an ultra-plush alternative of snow down. This thing is designed to give your hips and shoulders an extra layer of comfort.
Traditional down fill uses duck and/or geese feathers while down alternative fill uses a variety of synthetic materials. So, if you are allergic to down feathers or simply do not support the use of animal feathers involved, this mattress topper will be your best friend.
A cleverly designed product, this mattress topper is made with 100% 400TC cotton. It ensures maximum comfort for you as it allows more airflow and prevents overheating. Get uninterrupted sleep without sweating and getting hot.
After reading about so many mattress toppers, you might be wondering about how to clean these handy sleep assistants. Worry no more because, unlike the others, the Karrism extra thick mattress topper is machine washable.
Save money by avoiding expensive dry cleaners. Wash this mattress topper with freeze water and tumble dry on a low setting. The design also prevents it from tearing while it is getting washed. After taking out the mattress topper from its package, simply air it out for an hour or lightly wash and dry it.
Pros and Cons
- Machine washable
- Filled with snow down alternative
- Effective airflow
- Does not get overheated
- Eco-friendly product
- Fits on top of a mattress perfectly
- Not long-lasting at all
- Some users complain it to be not as thick as advertised
- Too big for most home washing machines
Queen Mattress Topper by COONP
- 1. 【Extra Thick & Luxury Comfort】：Drift into a sounder, deeper sleep on this overfilled...
- 2. 【Cool & Breathable】: The 400TC combed top surface features good ventilation and distributes...
- 3.【Elastic Deep Pocket】: Elastic deep pocket will wrap mattress(8-21”) tightly. It works like...
- 4. 【Machine Washable & Easy Care】: Be it sweat or stains, you will never get them out of...
- 5. 【100% Customer Satisfaction】：Please leave it several hours before use or just put it in a...
If you are a side, back or stomach sleeper, this mattress is ideal for you. This mattress topper is filled with top quality 3D snow down alternative fills and will help you have an extremely sound sleep. Have a deeper and better sleep on this mattress topper that has a pillow top and distributes pressure evenly.
This product boasts 400TC combed top surface, which provides good ventilation. Stay cool and dry with the help of this mattress topper. This will be your best friend in summer by keeping you cool and not letting you feel hot.
Memory foams are notorious for not preventing heat enough, and you can be sure that this topper will definitely satisfy you. Elastic deep pockets keep it in its place and function just like a fitted sheet by not getting shifted and misplaced.
Save a ton of money by not going to an expensive cleaner and washing this mattress topper yourself. Put this item in a commercial washing machine and easily get rid of stains, smell, and dirt. Its easy care and sustainability will make it your favorite mattress topper in no time.
After receiving the item, just put it aside for some hours or dry it in a dryer machine before you use it. COONP is also known to provide good quality after-sale assistance, so you know you can rely on them even after you have purchased the item.
Pros and Cons
- Machine washable
- Good after-sales service
- Fits perfectly on top of the mattress
- Does not get heated
- Not as thick as described
- Gets flattened easily
What to Consider before Purchasing a Best Mattress Topper for Hip Pain
Purchasing a mattress topper can be confusing, especially if you are a first-time purchaser. Read through our easy tips on which things you should consider before purchasing a mattress topper.
Material is an important part to consider when shopping for mattress toppers. Memory foam toppers are good options for people who don’t mind the smell and the ‘sinking feeling’ described by many users.
If memory foam is not your thing, try down alternative fill. They are cheaper, more comfortable, and eco-friendly.
- Scent Infusions
Many good quality mattress toppers are infused with sleep-inducing and calming herbal scents such as chamomile, lavender, passionflower, etc. Before buying any such topper, it is important you double-check if you have are allergic to that particular plant.
Moreover, many people find it difficult to fall asleep amidst a lingering smell. We also recommend you check if you have any such difficulty before buying any scent infused mattress topper.
We can assume that many people shopping for mattress toppers are on a tight budget since they invest in a topper without replacing their original mattress. To spend less money but get good quality products, check the internet for reviews, and do thorough research.
- Care and Cleaning
Before buying a mattress topper, make sure to check how to care for mattress topper if it can be cleaned. Machine washable mattresses are often too big for regular machines available home. Be prepared to use a commercial washing machine or ask someone who has a bigger washing machine.
Online shopping is easy, fun, and convenient. But you may opt to purchase your mattress topper from a physical store, especially if you are an inexperienced buyer. That way, you will be able to check the comfort and material yourself without second-guessing and hoping to get lucky.
- Do Your Research
There is no alternative to doing your research And browse the internet and read reviews of other buyers to get a clearer picture of both pros and cons.
- Check Warranty and After-Sales Service
We cannot recommend this part highly enough. Always make sure to know if there are any warranties. Collect enough information and contact sellers and manufacturers to know about your after-sales service options in case your mattress does not perform as it should.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best mattress toppers:
- Can I use mattress toppers on top of a sofa mattress bed?
As these are quite thick, you can use them on your sofa mattress bed if they are of the same or similar size.
- Can I put one mattress topper on top of another?
Yes, you most definitely can.
- Do the mattress toppers come with a cover?
These do not come with any cover. But some sellers sell them individually.
- Will a mattress topper make my firm bed softer?
Yes, it will.
- Can I use mattress toppers as standalone mattresses on the floor or on the bed?
Mattress toppers are designed to be used on top of mattresses. It is not recommended at all to use these as standalone mattresses. Should you still want to do so, keep in mind that it might not be much convenient or comfortable.
Now you know which mattress topper is the best mattress topper for hip pain in 2020 and what to consider before purchasing one. So make sure to read the reviews thoroughly and go through your purchase process carefully.