Himalayan salt lamps are loved by almost everyone who has ever used it, and that is not only because of how beautiful it looks. As decorative lights, these work magnificently. But many people believe that they also work really well when it comes to purifying the air and lifting your mood up.
For context, these lamps are made by placing a light bulb into a chunk of Himalayan pink salt that is harvested from the Khewra Salt Mine situated in Pakistan.
In this article, we will dive deep into what makes a Himalayan salt lamp special and how valid the claims of health benefits are. We will also be reviewing 8 of the best Himalayan salt lamps that you should keep an eye on.
Himalayan Salt Lamp Benefits
There are multiple benefits to using a Himalayan salt lamp, both in terms of atmosphere and health. The following are the ones that are noteworthy:
- Improves the Atmosphere
One of the absolute biggest benefits of a salt lamp is the atmosphere it creates. Firstly, it looks very attractive when turned on. The light that it emanates is of either a pink hue or a slightly orange hue, and in both cases, the lamp looks gorgeous.
It also creates a nice ambiance that significantly contributes to making the atmosphere better.
- Improves the Air Quality
The key feature of pink salt is that it releases negative ions in the air. These ions balance the charge in the air to greatly improve the air. The negative ions also get rid of the dust and impurities in the air and increase the purity of the air as well.
- Lifts Your Mood up
Studies have shown that negative ions play a significant role in improving someone’s mood. In the past, people would often go and meditate near waterfalls when they felt sad or depressed. The reason behind this is the abundance of negative ions near waterfalls.
While these lamps don’t release as many negative ions as waterfalls, the amount is still good enough to lift your mood up.
- Helps You Sleep Well
This will not apply to everyone as a lot of people sleep better in absolute pitch darkness. But for a lot of people, that is not the case, and they need some source of light to sleep. A Himalayan salt lamp is a perfect tool for that end as the lights have the absolute perfect dullness to help you sleep.
Are These Benefits Backed by Science
Scientists have conducted extensive research on the impact of negative ions on our psyche and the environment. And all the benefits mentioned above holds true for negative ions.
But the benefits of a Himalayan salt lamp have never been exclusively tested. While these lamps do release negative ions, the quantity isn’t nearly enough to significantly improve the quality of the air or your mood.
The lamp might still potentially have some impact on your psyche and the environment, but that impact may not be to the extent many people lead you to believe.
However, the aesthetic and atmospheric benefits of the lamp are undisputed.
8 Best Himalayan Salt Lamp Review
In this section of the article, we will take a look at the aforementioned 5 products, and by reviewing them, we will try to detract the best Himalayan salt lamp.
Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp
- Package includes: 1 Crystal Décor Pink Himalayan Salt Lamp in Flower Design with dimmable cord
- Quantity: 1 unit of 5" x 5" x 5" in size.
- ALL NATURAL LIGHTING: Himalayan salt lamps provide a pure and natural source of light. Great as a...
- CREATE A UNIQUE AMBIENCE: use as a bathroom light, bedroom light, living room light, kitchen light,...
- CUSTOMER FIRST: Your Salt Lamp comes with the CRYSTAL DECOR Brand Guarantee and a No Hassle 90-Day...
This product from crystal decor is an especially great product as it comes with a higher quantity of pink salt rocks, and thus, more negative ions are released. This contributes to improving the atmosphere greatly. The size is very compact, and it makes it more portable.
While all salt lamps create a great sense of ambiance, the ambiance in this one, in particular, is very unique as very few lamps are structured like this. When it comes to durability, it tries to give you the very best. The cage covering the light bulb is sturdy and doesn’t break easily.
You can also dim the light according to your unique wishes and desires. Additionally, the lamp works as a great gift product, and it doesn’t hurt that it comes in a tight and gift able package.
And while it is great that the lamp is 100% handmade and all products are unique, that also means that some products can be faulty and you can’t really do anything about it. You have to leave it up to luck, and that is a big flaw with the product.
Pros and Cons
- Offers a very unique ambiance
- Comes in a tight giftable package
- Comes with a higher quantity of rocks
- Durable covering around the light bulb
- As the product is completely handmade, there is a possibility of receiving flawed products
- Hand-carved, made from 100% pure Himalayan salt
- ETL-Listed-Compliant dimmer switch, base and power cord; includes 15W bulb
- 8-11-Inch height, 5-7-inch width, 8-11 pounds. Each lamp is unique, Dimensions may vary
- Includes base made from authentic Indian Rosewood
Mineralamp NSL-101 Natural Himalayan Hand Carved Salt Lamp with Indian Rosewood Base is an interior design item that offers peace and relaxation wherever you put them. Salt crystals in its purest form are used to make these lamps. They have been publicized to have many benefits. The mystical glow of these lamps will captivate the people around it, enhancing the environment in whatever room it is placed.
It is said that these salt lamps are mined directly from the Himalayas and hand-carved to perfection to fit a small bulb inside that will generate heat and emit comforting warmth around the room. Himalayan salt lamps are also advertised as having air cleaning properties.
Mineralamp NSL-101 slat lamp measures five to seven inches in width, about seven and a half to ten inches in height, and weighs around eight to eleven pounds. They are marketed as being made of 100% pure Himalayan salt taken directly from the edges of the Himalayas in Pakistan.
This lamp is crafted and carved by one of its experienced artisans, ensuring that each crystal is handled with attention and care that it deserves. This attention to detail can be noticed in how everything is built on its base as well as on its curves. Each Mineralamp NSL-101 slat lamp has its unique character, making the room appealing and whatnot.
The electric components used in this Himalayan salt lamp compiles with ETL-listed standards, including the 15-watt bulb and the dimmer switch. The 6-foot power cord of the lamp comes with a twisting dimmer knob that allows you to adjust the brightness to your preference, and it also features the on and off switch of the lamp.
The lamp sits on an authentic Indian Rosewood base. The base is finished with dark varnish and polished to perfection. Each of these lamps is hand-crafted, which makes each lamp design unique. And the different mineral composition and densities of the salt gives each lamp its distinctive color ranging from pink to orange.
Pros and Cons
- Great quality salt lamp
- Perfectly hand-carved
- Authentic Indian Rosewood base
- Adjustable Dimmer Switch
- Could break easily
- Dimmer switch may stop working
- Could cause fire
LEVOIT Cora Himalayan Salt Lamp
- PERFECT GIFT CHOICE: With the delicately packed box, it’s a perfect gift for Mother's Day; to...
- USB ADAPTER AVAILABLE: the Cora lamp can be plugged into any device that has a standard 5V/1A USB...
- SAFER TOUCH DIMMER Button(US 120V only): the touch button allows you to tap and hold to easily...
- PACKAGE CONTENT: 1 gorgeous salt lamp; 2 extra original 3. 5-watt bulbs included in the box Note:...
LEVOIT is the only company in the United States that has a legitimate mining certificate in Pakistan. So their lamps are made 100% authentic pink salt that has been directly cultivated by them. That gives this lamp an edge over the others.
Again, this lamp would make a fantastic gift. That feature is accentuated greatly because of the tight and well-decorated package it comes in. It also comes with a USB adapter. So you can also connect it with your phone or computer if you wish to do so.
The lamp tries to be as convenient as it possibly can, and the touch dimmer goes a long way in making that effort successful. However, a lot of complaints have been made against this lamp that suggests these touch dimmers don’t work as well as intended and are unresponsive.
Additionally, the light bulbs used in these lamps tend to go out easily. Changing the bulb in a salt lamp is a huge hassle, and that is something you might have to bear if you want the advantages this lamp offers.
Pros ans Cons
- Comes in a perfectly-giftable package
- Made from 100% authentic Himalayan pink salt
- Comes with a USB adapter
- Allows you to dim the light exactly how you need it
- Light bulbs tend to go out easily and need replacing
- Unresponsive touch controls
Himalayan glow natural salt lamp
- The base is made of neem wood, known for its durable and termite free properties
- Heating the salt with the included 15 watt bulb releases negative ions into the air
- Lamp and cord assembly are etl approved
The lamp is professionally hand-carved from Himalayan rock salt taken directly from Pakistan. It is a well-crafted decoration lamp. Salt in the form of a lamp, when lit, provides a warm, amber glow that makes any atmosphere calming, peaceful and relaxing. It is a light source that captivates all who are in the room with its primordial glow.
These lamps are available in different sizes, which range from 5 lbs to 30 lbs. This perfect home décor can also be given as a delightful gift. Its unique crystals and specially designed gift box make this WBM salt lamp a thoughtful gift that you can give to your loved ones. These lamps can certainly brighten their mood as well as the atmosphere around them.
This complete lamp is ETL certified. It features a B15 Pre-Install light bulb and comes with a 5-6 feet cord with a patented dimmer switch that allows you to adjust the brightness to your preference and match the ambiance. Its 15 or 25 watts incandescent light bulb, when lit, creates a soothing atmosphere and gives a warm amber glow.
The Himalayan glow natural salt lamp is supported by a 100% Neem wooden base. This wood material is better than the other as it is antibacterial. It is also more durable, termite-resistant, and shrink-resistant.
This lamp is a piece of beauty that will beautify your home. With this Himalayan natural salt crystal lamp, you can relax in the warm glow of orange hues that infuses a natural calmness to the mind. This Himalayan salt lamp is a great gift that a creative mind can give himself or his loved ones.
Pros ans Cons
- Made from natural Himalayan salt crystal
- Available in different sizes
- Perfect gift
- Neem wooden base
- Safe and quality product
- Faulty dimmer switch
- The dimmer switch could cause fire
Natural Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp
- Package Includes: 2 Lamps of ~7" in size.
- NATURAL LIGHTING: Himalayan salt lamps provide a pure and natural source of light that provides...
- UNIQUE: Every CRYSTAL DECOR salt lamp is specially hand carved for distinct and individual quality...
- CUSTOMER FIRST: Your Salt Lamp comes with the CRYSTAL DECOR Brand Guarantee and a No Hassle 90-Day...
Like the previous lamp from Crystal Decor, this lamp is also 100% handcrafted, and that allows for a unique and distinct experience for all. However, as we have mentioned, it may also create a problem as some lamps might be faulty. And there isn’t much you would be able to do about it.
Besides that, this lamp has a lot of things going for it. For example, the dimensions of this lamp are 6 inches in every department, which is neither too small nor too large. Again, the packaging is absolutely top-notch, just like all Crystal Decor products making it a great gift material.
A signature of Crystal Decor is increasing the number of salt rocks to further improve the atmosphere, and they do the same here. Researching about this product, we found very little flaws with this lamp.
But a lot of customers questioned its durability saying that it doesn’t work well after 4 or 5 months and that is something to consider.
Pros and Cons
- Comes in a perfect 6×6×6 size
- Specifically handcrafted for a unique lighting
- Comes in a gift able package
- Contains a lot of salt rocks compared to other products
- As the lamps are completely handcrafted, there are possibilities of a few flawed ones
- Questionable durability
Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Himalayan Glow Round Basket Salt Lamp with Pink Salt Chunks are Made From Beautiful Pink Himalayan...
- Great As a Bed Light, Decorative Light and More. Himalayan Salt Lamps are Unique Home Decor Items,...
- This Metal Basket is Corrosion Resistant and Durable. When You Turn on The Salt Lamp and It Will...
- Safety and Quality: It Comes With a Light Bulb, ETL Certified Cord and Patented Dimmer Switch to...
- Customer Satisfaction: We Always Stand Behind Our Products and We Listen to Our Customers. If For...
This Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp doesn’t come in a conventional Himalayan salt lamp style. It is not a single block of salt crystal placed over a base, but instead, it is creatively and elegantly designed to be a pack of smaller salt crystals in a holder under which lies a light bulb.
The lamp radiates almost volcanic pink and orange glow that gives the appearance of something ancient and captivating. This is especially an ideal choice for someone who is aesthetically mindful and really wants something that can beautify an area.
It weighs only around 4 kg, and its dimensions are at 20.3 cm x 20.2 cm. x 18.3 cm, which makes it a very manageable piece of interior design. This can virtually fit any desk, living room table, bedside counter, or similar flat surface. Its manageability, combined with its attention-grabbing glow, makes this lamp a dream for any ambitious and careful home decorator who wants to have both a feast for the eyes and a relaxing mood.
The lamp comes with ETL certified 6 feet cord and patented dimmer switch that allows you to adjust brightness and match your preferred ambiance. With this, you can have the lighting your mood is asking.
The 15-watt bulb is great for creating dim light, although, occasionally issues have been reported with the bulb. But that’s not a deal-breaker as you can easily get replacements by contacting customer support when necessary.
The metal basket that holds all the crystals is durable and corrosion-resistant. When lit, this salt lamp will glow like a flame. This salt lamp is an artwork designed to bring warmth to your spirit, mind, and body.
Pros and Cons
- Salt chunks look stunning when lit
- Offers unique lighting ambiance
- Durable and corrosion resistant metal basket
- Dimmable lighting
- A bit heavy
- Faulty dimmer switch
- Customer complained of switch getting melt
Himalayan Salt Lamp Bowl
- HIMALAYAN BOWL WITH SALT CRYSTAL CHUNKS: Spantik's Himalayan Salt Lamp bowl shape with salt crystal...
- BENEFITS & FRESH AIR : Himalayan Rock Salt lamp bowl shape enhances the ionic balance of your living...
- GIVES A SPECIAL INTERIOR DESIGN EXPERIENCE: Himalayan Salt Lamps give your home, business, store or...
- WORRY-FREE GUARANTEE & HASSLE-FREE RETURNS : Our aim is to provide you high quality Himalayan salt...
This lamp from Spatnik is unlike any other as it comes in a bowl, which is a unique setting, to say the least. It is, however, very attractive. While Spatnik doesn’t have a mining license in Pakistan, the products are completely handcrafted in Pakistan and then exported all over the world. So this lamp is great when it comes to authenticity.
The durability of this lamp is top-notch because of the metal guard that surrounds the bulb. It ensures that the bulb doesn’t break easily. And the bowl has a strong wooden base at the bottom that makes this lamp very stable. The 8 to 11 pounds weight makes it very portable as well.
Like the lamps of Crystal Decor, this one is also completely handmade, and each lamp is unique, which brings with it its fair share of benefits and issues. But the packaging of this lamp leaves a lot to be desired. It needs to be tighter and more secure.
Pros and Cons
- Hand-carved in Pakistan
- Durable light bulb because of the metal guard surrounding it
- Comes with a wooden base for more stability
- Weighs very little at 8-11 pounds
- There is a possibility of getting a faulty product as all of them are unique and handmade
- Weak and unsafe packaging
Crystal Allies Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Quantity: 1 Piece Salt Lamp w/ 6ft UL-Listed Cord & Dimmable Rotary Switch, 15-Watt Light Bulb and...
- Lamp Size: 4.5" x 4.5"
- 100% ALL-NATURAL HANDCRAFTED: Himalayan Salt mined from natural sources. Each globe-shaped salt lamp...
- MULTIPURPOSE: Unique home decor item great as a night light or decorative light. Gently light up any...
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Customers come first. If our product does not meet or exceed your...
First and foremost, we absolutely have to compliment the design of this lamp. It has a unique spherical shape that reminds you of the red moon. The size is also very small, and thus, it is easily portable. It is only 4.5 inches in height and diameter. The base of this lamp is made of neem wood, which greatly increases the stability.
And the light bulb is said to be very durable and can go for a very long time without needing any replacement. The dimmer dial is very effective, and almost no one has ever complained about its level of responsiveness.
The biggest issue of this device comes in the packaging. As the lamp is spherical in shape, it needs extra protection to make sure it doesn’t roll around in the box and break. But the packaging simply doesn’t deliver on that. There have also been a few complaints about the cord and how it might be faulty.
Pros and Cons
- Very stylish and aesthetic design
- Compact and portable size
- Comes with a neem wood base for higher stability
- Durable light bulb
- Very effective dimmer dial
- Problematic packaging that may cause harm to the product
- Potentially faulty cord
What to Look for before Buying
Now that you know all about the top 10 Himalayan salt lamps out there, now it is time to buy the best salt lamps. However, like all products, you should consider a few things before you do.
While pink salt lamps are simple products and don’t really require much thought before buying, you should nonetheless take the following things into consideration and then buy your desired lamp.
This goes without saying that you don’t want to get scammed with a fake salt lamp. To make sure that the product you are buying is the real thing, there are a few things you should look towards.
Firstly, you should look at the color. Most lamps are fleshy pink in color. But some of them can be orange or white as well. If the lamp isn’t of any of these colors, then it is probably a fake.
Secondly, Himalayan salt lamps are prone to leaking. These lamps are hygroscopic in nature and thus attract a lot of moisture, which results in leakage. If a lamp doesn’t leak, then that lamp is most probably a fake.
- Amount of Negative Ions
There really is no way to determine how much negative ion a lamp releases. But you can try to look at the amount of dust that accumulates in your room. The negative ions tend to stick to these dust particles, and thus, they fall down to the floor.
- Amount of Light
This one is crucial. You will find a lot of salt lamps that emit very bright light. But lamps like these are fake. A real Himalayan salt lamp doesn’t emit a light that is too bright. In fact, the light should be very dull and muted. Even at the highest setting, the light should never be too bright.
Why Is a Himalayan Salt Lamp Pink?
Himalayan pink salt is drawn from fossilized crystals that were created as a result of the drying up of the Tethys sea. Many people assume that this is the reason the salt looks a lot like our own blood and have a pinkish color to it.
There is a misconception that this salt isn’t doesn’t have much difference with the traditional table salt. However, that idea is wrong.
While the texture and properties may be similar, the pink salt contains 80 more minerals. These include zinc and magnesium as well. Because of these minerals, the Himalayan salt lamp radiates a pink hue when lit up.
What Does a Himalayan Salt Lamp Do?
Primarily, a Himalayan salt lamp creates a fantastic ambiance in the room and makes the room aesthetically pleasing. But so does almost any lamp. The specialty of these lamps is the fact that they release negative ions in the air, which can benefit you in many ways.
- Increases Oxygen in Blood
As mentioned, these lamps release negative ions in the air. If you breathe in negative ions, then the amount of oxygen in your blood increases. While this obviously improves your breathing, the benefits aren’t limited to that. It also greatly improves your circulation and overall health.
- Purifies the Air
Many people believe that Himalayan salt lamps attract dust and impurities to it. While this hasn’t been backed by science, a lot of users have said that the air around them had improved drastically after getting a Himalayan salt lamp.
So even without a scientific guarantee, there is a strong chance that this lamp can significantly influence the quality of the air in your room.
- Gives You an Energy Boost
In many animals, an increase of negative ions in the air boosts the secretion of serotonin. This often leads to giving you more energy to conduct your day to day chores alongside making you happier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best Himalayan salt lamps:
- Where to put a Himalayan salt lamp?
The perfect places to place a Himalayan salt lamp would be on top of a coffee table in the house, on your office table, in the massage rooms of spas, or even in various waiting rooms.
- Are Himalayan salt lamps safe for cats?
This is an important thing to note. These lamps are not safe for cats as they may become victims of Sodium poisoning if cats end up licking them.
- What sizes of Himalayan salt lamps are perfect?
This depends on the size of your room. For a 3 meter × 3 meter room, a 2-3 kg lamp will be sufficient. If the room is slightly larger at 4 meter × 4 meter, then you should get a 5 kg lamp.
- Why do the Himalayan salt lamps leak?
The Himalayan pink salt is hygroscopic in nature. So they attract moisture from the atmosphere. This causes them to leak.
- When is the best time to light a Himalayan Salt lamp?
The perfect time to light the lamp would be in the evening to improve the atmosphere and lighten your mood after a hectic day. You can also light it up at night if you need help sleeping.
In this day and age, it is natural to be stressed out about the instability of life. If you are someone who experiences this stress on a day to day basis, the best Himalayan salt lamp might be exactly what you need. It is a minor taste of nature in your everyday life that brightens your mood.
We hope we could help you out with our Himalayan salt lamp review and that you can find the perfect lamp to relieve yourself of this stress.