Be it for camping trips or an overnight guest accommodation solution, air mattresses are gaining popularity by the numbers. Since they’re inflatable, you can easily store them anywhere in the house. And for someone with a tight budget, this is an affordable solution over conventional mattresses. With advances in technology, air mattresses have undergone major changes in terms of design and benefits. Alongside alleviating back pain, each mattress has its own set of additional offerings, which can put you in a tight spot when choosing the best air mattress for everyday use.
So, today we’re going to look some of our top picks in the world of air mattresses, to aid you in your decision-making process.
Benefits of Using Air Mattresses on Everyday Basis
Shadowed by the high usage rate of conventional mattresses, these inflatable beds have never been given the credit they deserve. Switching to an air mattress will open you up to myriad health benefits on a daily basis.
To begin with, air mattresses are portable and the perfect solution for homes with space at a premium. You can easily fold out and inflate the mattress before sleeping and put it back the next day when you’re awake.
- Helps Blood Circulation
According to doctors, these air beds are known to improve blood circulation in your body. Blood circulation is important, as the body only develops when you sleep. The softness of the air mattress also makes it easier for you to switch positions, while also reducing the chances of annoying bedsores the next morning.
10 Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
To answer your question of ‘what is the finest air mattress for everyday use’, we have put together a list of our top five picks to help you make a more sound decision.
1.Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
- Approximate inflation time 4 3/4 minutes
- The sleeping surface is covered in soft flocking for...
- The convenient hand carry bag is perfect for storage...
- Weight capacity 600 pounds
- Dimensions: 60 inches x 80 inches x 22 inches
When comfort is your main goal, you cannot go wrong with this air mattress from Intex. With beautiful rounded edges, this mattress puts the queen in queen-size.
Standing at 22 inches in height, this is one of those high air mattresses. If you consider this to be the right choice for you, make sure you’re not stingy about space. This queen size mattress will take up a good amount of space when inflated to its max potential, but the comfort level on this bed is definitely worth it.
Being a member of the Dura-Beam series, this air mattress is equipped with Intex’s Fiber-tech construction. Since this technology has been patented, you can be assured that this construction is one thing you won’t find in other air mattresses.
Within the bed, there are support beams that consist of polyester fibers, giving you proper support and stability for your back.
This air mattress features an internal electric pump, which makes setting up a piece of cake. Forget the hand pumps and the battery-powered pumps, all you have to is plug it in, and within 5 minutes, you’re all set! It also has a manual pumping option, just in case you want to adjust the volume of air pumped in.
In terms of comfort, the velvety surface gives you a smooth and soft feeling. Combined with the mattress’ edge lock construction design, you will have a larger sleeping surface, so you can twist and turn all you want when sleeping.
Pros and Cons
- Can be set up within 5 minutes with the built-in electrical pump
- Velvet texture offers more comfort and softness while reducing friction
- Comes with a convenient carry on bag which fits the unit nicely
- Indented sides prevent your sheets from slipping off
- Has a good amount of weight to it
- The mattress has a plastic smell which can be unpleasant
2.King Koil Queen Air Mattress
- 1-year warranty provided by the manufacturer included...
- Extra thick durable waterproof comfort quilt top with...
- Queen sized airbed with coil-beam construction and a...
- Easy to use plug in internal pump allows fast & easy...
- Customer friendly 1-year guarantee offered. King Koil...
Packing all the features you would find in a luxury air mattress, this product from King Koil will surpass any expectations you had previously. These mattresses from King Koil have earned quite a reputation due to their solid build and low maintenance features.
Being a queen size bed, it can be time-consuming with a battery pump to inflate this giant. But fear not! This bed comes equipped with a high-speed pump built right into the unit. The mattress will inflate itself completely in only 2 minutes, which is the fastest clock time we’ve seen.
Featuring inflation and deflation valves, the queen size mattress will let you adjust the firmness according to your needs. King Koil’s airbeds have always put the customer’s needs first. Comfort is one thing you’ll have no complaints about this bed.
With its enhanced coil technology, you’ll have your spine aligned perfectly as you sleep. This will prevent posture problems in the near future. The coils are also responsible for maintaining the bed’s shape and firmness for years to come.
Longevity has been a major issue with all mattresses, but the King Koil mattress aims to minimize the chances of that happening to great lengths. The high-quality material used to construct the mattress is puncture-proof and will last you longer than the average mattress.
Also, the PVC material, when combined with the flocked top, creates a waterproof layering.
Pros and Cons
- Allows you to adjust the firmness of the bed according to your comfort level
- High-quality PVC material is puncture-proof
- Fast inflation time
- Flocked top makes a waterproof layering
- Valves on the end of the bed can leak
- The mattress has a low air retention rate in general
3.Enerplex Queen Air Mattress
- EnerPlex Never-Leak Upgraded Queen Air Mattress with 2...
- Maximum Durability with Never Leak Technology: EnerPlex...
- Not Sold Yet ? Our 16” High Queen Airbed offers...
- Say Goodbye To Your Cheap Air Mattress, We Offer...
- Should you have any issues with your EnerPlex 16”...
This next airbed from Enerplex is known for its luxury outlook and feel. Sleeping on this bed will have you feeling like you’re lying on thin air. We would be surprised if you have comfort-related issues with this one.
The mattress comes with carefully designed ridges on the sides, preventing your sheets from slipping off. Once you inflate the bed and allow the seams to break in, you can use it like any other regular mattress.
And this queen size mattress comes built with a puncture-resistant PVC material, which boosts its service time. Fresh out of the box, you’ll set your eyes on the soft velvet blue flocked top, which is mainly responsible for providing you with the softness of a regular mattress while being durable.
Using adjustment settings, you can inflate or deflate the bed according to your preference. The coil beam construction of the bed adds extra firmness. When it comes to air mattresses, firmness is necessary for proper spinal alignment, and this mattress does just that!
With its welded seams, this bed will last you for many years to come. Claiming to have one of the most powerful pumps on the market, this mattress will set itself up fully in under 2 minutes! The new pump is an innovation Enerplex introduced to this line of products, and it does not disappoint.
Pros and Cons
- One of the fastest inflation times due to its high-powered pump
- Anti-slip base prevents the air mattress from slipping and sliding
- Waterproof flocked top with velvet surface for max comfort
- Puncture resistant construction increases service time
- Height is 16 inches which is lower than most beds
- Air might escape from the valves at the side of the mattress
4.Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Pillow Rest Raised Airbed
We have yet another one of Intex’s Dura-Beam air mattresses on the list. What can we say? Intex has been known for some of the comfiest designs, and this airbed exhibits that. Being a low air mattress at 16.5 inches, it will take up the least amount of space.
Just place it near a plug-in socket, and you’re good to go! With a high-quality pump placed into the unit, you’ll have this bed up and ready in a matter of 3 minutes. If you’re someone who likes extra firmness to your bed, you can always use the manual pump function to get that extra strength.
Like most of Intex’s air mattresses, this one comes with a carry bag. Storing the bed after use or moving it around from one place to another becomes super convenient due to this bag.
One of the major perks of this air mattress is its built-in pillow system. The bed has a natural rise near the headrest area, which rests your head perfectly. This is perfect for times you have a guest over and realize there’s a shortage of pillows. Combined with the velvet texture on the surface, sleeping on this mattress is heavenly indeed.
With Intex’s patented Fiber-tech construction built into the mattress, firmness and over-stretching of the mattress are reduced. The interior construction of this line of mattresses has also been improved to give you more comfort and higher durability.
Pros and Cons
- Fast setup time due to built-in motor
- Manual pumping option is available
- Fiber-tech interior aligns the spine perfectly and reduces posture problems
- Carry bag comes with the unit which makes storage easier
- Doesn’t let you adjust the firmness of the bed
- Quite heavy
5.EZ Inflate Air Mattress
- Great Sleep Shouldn’t Break the Bank – the EZ...
- We Don’t Skimp On Space - EZ INFLATE air mattress...
- Adaptive Support for Different Sleep Styles –EZ...
- Backed by Incredible Customer Service. We hope you...
- The EZ Inflate Queen Air Mattress with Built in Pump...
This last air mattress from EZ inflate takes comfort to the next level. With or without bed sheets on, you’re in for a deep slumber once you get some shut-eye on this bed.
Designed to give you maximum space to sleep, the measurements of this bed go edge to edge on flocked top and not the edges of the mattress. With this, you get the full surface available for use.
Fit with a coil beam technology, this bed will keep your body supported properly to improve blood flow. Also, the coils keep the bed firmly stuck to the ground, so don’t worry about falling over with the bed. What makes this air mattress unbelievable is its crazy inflating speed.
The built-in electrical pump inflates the mattress in a matter of only 90 seconds! With valves on the side of the bed, you can easily adjust the level of air to suit your comfort level. Make sure you inflate the bed 24 hours prior to actually using it, in order to let the PVC material to stretch properly.
Maintenance on this air mattress is low as the top is made of waterproof material—the flocked top consists of a soft material that will sing you to sleep even without bed sheets. Comfort is really of no question when it comes to this airbed.
Pros and Cons
- One of the fastest inflating times in the market at 90 seconds
- Air adjustment
- Edge to edge flocked top
- Waterproof material is easy to maintain
- Air might leak from the valves
- The PVC material might get punctured or start leaking
6.Coleman Support Rest Double High Airbed
Get a good night’s sleep with the Coleman Support Rest Double High Airbed, a relaxing air mattress that can be conveniently used indoors as well as outdoors. The queen-sized air-tight mattress makes use of reinforced construction to provide better edge support and a firm sleeping surface. The top of the mattress is a layer of soft silky material that is guaranteed to soothe and deliver sheer comfort to the body. This elegant airbed can impressively hold a maximum of 600lbs and its extra height makes it easier to get out of bed in the morning. The design also consists of a dual-sealed valve which highly limits the chances of leaks. The Coleman Support Rest Double High Airbed is easy to carry, easy to inflate, and easy to store, making it, overall, a very simple and practical mattress that will serve you anytime anywhere!
Pros and Cons
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- A reinforced construction gives a pleasant experience
- Uses a dual-sealed valve to prevent leaks
- Soft and silky surface
- Can withstand up to 600lbs
- Includes a carry bag
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- The Coleman Support Rest Double High Airbed does not come with a rechargeable pump and needs to be purchased separately
7.Active Era Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
Active Era Air Mattress with Built-in Pump
Promising quality and durability, the Active Era Air Mattress is a state-of-the-art bed with a built-in AC air pump that inflates and deflates within minutes. This deluxe air mattress is composed of 5 internal I-Beam structures that help to provide maximum support to the body. 21-inches in size, the multi-layer mattress uses a top waterproof coating, making the surface supple and smooth to the touch. The Active Era Air Mattress also includes a built-in ergonomically designed pillow slightly raised for ultimate neck and head support. This luxurious package comes with a travel bag for storage and transportation and a puncture repair patch in case of any accidental punctures or rips, making it easy and convenient to use anywhere.
Pros and Cons
- Built-in AC air pump makes inflation and deflation easier than before
- 5 internal I-Beam structures provide strength, durability, and resistance to weight
- Waterproof and extra thick material delivers smoothness
- Features unique built-in raised pillow for neck and head support
- Includes travel bag for storage
- Includes a repair patch for punctures and rips
- Being 21-inches in size, this air mattress is more raised in height than ordinary mattresses
- Air leaks and accidental punctures are expected
8.SleepLux Twin Air Mattress with Built-in AC Pump
- GET A GOOD NIGHT'S REST: SleepLux's twin air mattress...
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION: Tritech airbeds promote healthy...
- INFLATES AND DEFLATES WITH ZERO EFFORT: The built-in...
- CHARGE YOUR PHONE: There's a built-in USB port for...
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Contents include 1 twin air...
Perfect for everyday use, SleepLux’s Twin Air Mattress is an ideal multi-tasking mattress here to give you the most pleasant sleeping experience with its countless functions. 15 inches tall in size, this mattress includes a built-in AC air pump guaranteeing easy deflation and inflation. The built-in USB port and built-in pillow included in this air mattress make it easy and convenient to use anywhere at any time. The mattress’s interior is made of Tritech material, along with proprietary I-Beam construction which helps in keeping it resilient and solid no matter how many times it is used. SleepLux’s Twin Air Mattress also comes with 1 storage bag for storage and transportation and 1 repair patch in case of any rip or puncture.
Pros and Cons
- Built-in USB port as nearest outlet
- Built-in pillow
- Built-in AC air pump for quick and simple setup
- Tritech material effectively provides back and shoulder support
- Built with 3 durable layers that can hold out any amount of weight
- Includes storage bag for convenient storage during transportation
- Includes a repair patch in case of puncture or rip
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Built-in AC air pump needs to be connected to a power outlet to inflate the mattress
9.WEY & FLY SUV Air Mattress
- High Standard Material and Exquisite Design - WEY&FLY...
- 4 Separate Segments for inflation - The mat is designed...
- Adapted to Different Weather Conditions and Easy to...
- Used in Various Occasion and Easy to Carry - You can...
- Heavy Weight Load - The mattress can bear the max...
The WEY & FLY SUV Air Mattress is designed to make your car camping trips a whole lot easier and more comfortable than ever. This game-changing SUV air mattress uses PVC material, resists cold, and can withstand up to 260 kilograms of weight, enabling more than one person to make use of it at a time. This air mattress does not require an AC air pump and can be inflated within minutes using the car’s cigarette lighter socket, proving to be ideal for camping and travel. This convenient SUV Air Mattress comes in 4 different segments and each segment can be inflated individually as per the size and number of people using it. This makes the WEY & FLY SUV Air Mattress a luxurious one-of-a-kind product, suitable for any weather, environment, person, and condition!
Pros and Cons
- 4 separate segments for individual inflation
- Includes leg elevation pillow
- Includes an electric air pump
- Comes with a carry bag for storage and transportation
- Also comes with a repair kit in case of leaks, rips or punctures
- No batteries required
- The WEY & FLY SUV Air Mattress can not be used as a normal air mattress on the floor as it is designed to be used in cars and SUVs
10.Etekcity Queen Size Camping Air Mattress
- ALL-NIGHT COMFORT: Special inner construction make the...
- QUICK And CONVENIENT SETUP: Built-in electric pump...
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Double layer construction with...
- EASY STORAGE And TAKE OUT: Bed dimension is 80 x 60 x...
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: Superior welding make the air...
The Etekcity Queen Size Camping Air Mattress is here to provide a comfortable sleeping experience with its exquisite design and compact interior. This queen-size bed consists of a built-in electric air pump which inflates the bed in no time. The mattress can withstand a maximum weight of 650 pounds and also comes with a built-in compartment for quick and easy storage. This waterproof camping air mattress is made of thick PVC material and is 22-inches in height, making it convenient to get in and out of bed. Other than that, the Etekcity Queen Size Camping Air Mattress can be effectively used in almost any place, be it indoors or outdoors and its simple design makes it easy to use whenever desired.
Pros and Cons
- The special design gives more durability and firmness
- Can withstand a maximum amount of 650 pounds
- Built-in rechargeable air pump inflates within minutes
- Built-in compartment for storage and transportation
- Seamless design reduces leaks
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- No bulges; stays firm no matter how many times it’s used
- Double-high structure to enhance the sleeping experience
- Two-year warranty
- The air pump can only be recharged with an AC charger
How to Choose the Best Air Mattress for Everyday Use
Now, before you go running into the store or start looking into websites to place your order, there are few things you must be aware of. These factors below will help you decide what the best air mattress for everyday use is.
It is common to see various different materials being used to construct air mattresses. Some use a Polyvinyl Chloride material, whilst others use laminated vinyl. Right now, this might seem like gibberish to you but bear with us.
First off, you need to know why you need an air mattress. For someone who has guests over at regular intervals and getting a whole mattress can seem too expensive, then you can opt for a laminated vinyl mattress.
Laminated vinyl mattresses come with pumping systems built into the mattress or require you to inflate them manually. This is particularly useful for household settings as the internal pumps are powered with electric sockets.
These models are comparatively lower than models with PVC material construction. On average, they would only elevate up to 15 inches or less from the ground up.
Now, if you’re someone who’s adventurous and goes on camping trips, you might want to go for a PVC material air mattress. These are generally tougher than the laminated vinyl models.
When camping, your air mattress is open to tons of weathering factors, such as rain and external heat. The PVC construction allows the mattress to endure all these tough conditions and give you a peaceful sleeping experience on the whole.
And these mattresses are raised higher off the ground than the laminated vinyl models, and usually, come with reinforced features to support your back better.
Make sure you have a good idea about the dimensions of the mattress, as well as the available space at your home. The mattress has to be able to fit the space available once fully inflated, otherwise what’s the point?
Height is actually a sought-after feature in terms of air mattresses. Depending on your personal preference, you can choose to get a low mattress or a high one. For people who are physically-challenged or are suffering from old age, a high mattress is more favored.
Since we are dealing with inflatable beds, we need to focus on the pumping mechanism. Most mattresses in the modern-day come with built-in pumps that connect to your electrical socket. These models are generally convenient and require less work to set up.
However, if you’re looking to take your mattress out into the wilderness, then you should opt for one with external pumps that run on battery or manual labor. Battery-powered pumps easily connect to your air mattress and are generally quieter than the built-in pumps.
That does not mean that the manual pump is the least favored pumping mechanism out of the three. Manual pumps actually give you total control of the volume of air you put in. Most times, the electrical motors can’t match up to the firmness of the mattress when pumped by hand.
When it comes to delicate matters like the air mattress, it can be compared to a balloon that stretches upon inflating. Stretching works slightly differently in air mattresses; you might find a mattress that really suits you but loses its firmness within a few months’ time.
You need to look into peer reviews and brand names when focusing on the reliability and longevity factors of the mattress. Some mattresses might even leak or get punctured, so it is worth saying that you need to take good care of it.
And you’ll be relieved to know most companies provide manufacturer guarantees or warranty, in case you run into a faulty mattress or you end up with a leaky mattress within months of purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have the most commonly asked queries regarding the best air mattresses:
- Can air mattresses provide proper comfort and body support?
Air mattresses come with inner coils which act like support beams. These are responsible for supporting your back and align your spine in the right manner. In terms of comfort, the top of the air mattress is made of soft materials that are comfortable with or without bed sheets.
- Are all air mattresses portable?
Yes, all air mattresses can be folded and kept away. Most manufacturers provide convenient bags to aid in the storage of the mattress. However, if your mattress does not support manual pumping, you can’t use it outdoors.
- Can I use the bed right out of the box?
All inflatable air beds require a 24-hour time period for the PVC material to stretch properly and take shape. So, we would advise against using the bed on the day you bought it.
- Does an air mattress have a weight limit?
Yes, most air mattresses come with weight limits, which are mentioned in the product specifications.
- Do I need to carry sheets all the time?
The flocked top on most air mattresses is made with soft materials in order to omit the need to use sheets. It depends on your own preference.
Don’t just go for the best air mattress for everyday use, rather focus on your preferences to get the right mattress suited to you. Even the best mattress can seem like its not right for you. Hopefully, these points will help you pick the right mattress to have you sleeping soundly